Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, rcs29 said:

Apparently the dude says dumb crap like this all the time and it ends up being about something media related. Fans don't seem to be a fan of his. Also most were thinking a trade if anything of substance at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

yeah that dude won't be the one breaking coach hiring/firing news.

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Everyone messing with my emotions.  0708 saying no Stevens.  Chris saying there's a chance.  Now big news about the Celtics (which will probably be some player coming back from an injury.)

I'm still saying there is a chance but I already said we won't know for sure for a while. 

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

0708 seems to have been off on a lot of things lately.  He did say right before HSN went down that it wasn't Stevens but Dolson is the man and we'd be very happy.   So it's gotta be Bennett or Donovan if Brad is really out.

Donovan just signed with the Bulls.  He's out in my mind more than Brad(keeping my hopes high!)

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I'm still saying there is a chance but I already said we won't know for sure for a while. 

Yeah I am just being silly.  This is all in fun, we should be ok with whomever we end up with from the names that are being listed.

And if Steven's said he couldn't commit today...then I ask him again tomorrow until I hear definitively, "I won't take the job next year under any circumstances."

Are we down to Drew, Matta, and Beilein, then? One post mentioned Beard's daughters wanting him to stay in Texas and Musselman wanting to eventually get back to the NBA. I'm wondering about the "home run" people were talking about.

2 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

0708 seems to have been off on a lot of things lately.  He did say right before HSN went down that it wasn't Stevens but Dolson is the man and we'd be very happy.   So it's gotta be Bennett or Donovan if Brad is really out.

I'd like to believe that AD Dolson had some assurances from somewhere that he could land a big fish...

If not, and we're still struggling in 4 years, a lot of people won't view it as the coach's failure, but the AD's failure...

16 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

"That guy can't coach wild turkeys to take a dump" - Dakich on Archie Miller 

OMG. Never heard a more damning comment than this on ANY coach. This is arguably worse than "so and so player can't guard a chair."