Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, cybergates said:

Does the leprechaun wear #44?

When I read the 1st post I LOL'd because I thought you were referring to Archie as the leprechaun - he brought it all together by being hired when BS wasn't ready, and did bad enough to get fired when he (hopefully) is.

not 44 but a number like it

12 minutes ago, GaryP said:

I read an article on SI that say one person that checks all the boxes the administration wants is Keith Smart. Could he be a fringe candidate.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It's been posted multiple times in this thread... huge fan of "The (original) Shot"... but not of Smart as the guy.

To change gears here because I still don't believe it'll be Brad. Although I will say it went from like 5% to 20% for me......still not good odds. Anyhow I'm going to start putting a couple coaches against each other that seem similar in some way and I'd like to hear who you guys would rather have. Let's start with:

Nate Oats vs Eric Musselman

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

To change gears here because I still don't believe it'll be Brad. Although I will say it went from like 5% to 20% for me......still not good odds. Anyhow I'm going to start putting a couple coaches against each other that seem similar in some way and I'd like to hear who you guys would rather have. Let's start with:

For me it's Oats and that's simply because I believe he's got a style that will attract big time recruits and I question Musselman's recruiting ability outside of the transfer market.

Other than Stevens and Beard, these are my next two favorites. I would say Oates by a smidge. But the talk of IU not being a good fit for Mussleman should go check who the football coach is at IU and see how the fan base reacts to “colorful” coaches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

By the way, I didn't see Chris Beard at Assembly hall, did see a couple of familiar faces. 

Also please don't get me wrong I don't think there is a deal getting done or an announcement or anything like that today, tomorrow or probably anytime soon. Just to be clear, but I still love Dolson and I believe in him

Is Archie back as our coach? He needs a hug. As Bardo would say..

In honor of Saint Patty's Day...a familiar tune...for Mr. Ainge.

Oh, Danny Boy...the fans, the fans are calling,                                                      To fire Brad...and send him packing home.                                                          The Celtic myth... has died and shots aren't falling.                                          It's you, it's you...must do this now...alone.

Chris Beard vs Scott Drew

This one is tough for me but I think I'd lean Beard because I think he could really rebuild the brand and his personality would be a great fit here. Why this one is tough is because Drew has proven he can take nothing and make it very good. He has also landed and utilized elite recruits which Beard really has not. May not be any of Beard's fault but it's the reality. Still lean Beard though.

2 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

In honor of Saint Patty's Day...a familiar tune...for Mr. Ainge.

Oh, Danny Boy...the fans, the fans are calling,                                                      To fire Brad...and send him packing home.                                                          The Celtic myth... has died and shots aren't falling.                                          It's you, it's you...must do this now...alone.

THAT alone should get you moved off of Purdue Jockstrap!!