Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, tortex28 said:

Jeff Goodman just said on his field of 68 podcast that NBA coaches aren't like college coaches they can't just walk away from their job. They have to be fired. Stevens just signed a five-year extension last year. What do you all think? Does that change your opinion?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I guess the NBA is like a prison sentence then? I ain't buying it. He's coming! ;)

Jeff Goodman just said on his field of 68 podcast that NBA coaches aren't like college coaches they can't just walk away from their job. They have to be fired. Stevens just signed a five-year extension last year. What do you all think? Does that change your opinion?

I don't think it even matters. If Brad wants out, it would be a dereliction of duty by Ainge to force him to stay on given how that would be received by the owner, fan base, and players.

2 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

Coaches can leave contracts. This isn’t the 1930’s anymore. 

Just now, tdhoosier said:

I've been lurking long enough waiting for HSN to get fixed. I just gotta say you guys are crazy (in a good way). 

I'm not subscribed to IndyStar. Does Doyle mean that we have 3 candidates and the third option won't say no? Or we call Stevens 3 times: 1st time: "$6 million" 
2nd time: "$8 million" 
3rd time: "We took your dog and are holding it hostage"

If the former, I'd guess that third option is B-line. No info, just a hunch because he's qualified and clearly wants to get back into coaching. We may be his easiest path to win that coveted NC. 

In Chris we Trust

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

I've been lurking long enough waiting for HSN to get fixed. I just gotta say you guys are crazy (in a good way). 

I'm not subscribed to IndyStar. Does Doyle mean that we have 3 candidates and the third option won't say no? Or we call Stevens 3 times:
1st time: "$6 million" 

If the former, I'd guess that third option is B-line. No info, just a hunch because he's qualified and clearly wants to get back into coaching. We may be his easiest path to win that coveted NC. 

3b) there is a horse head in Danny Ainge's bed...

I'm not subscribed to IndyStar. Does Doyle mean that we have 3 candidates and the third option won't say no? Or we call Stevens 3 times:
1st time: "$6 million" 
In the article he says the first call is to Brad Stevens, the second call is 2 Tony Bennett and the third call is to John beilein.

6 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

That may be true in the sense that they just can't leave for another NBA job. Same is true about all professional sports. But they are not indentured servants. Just more bulls*t from Goodman

5 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

Wait, what? A coach isn't allowed to resign? That's hilarious that someone thinks that is a real thing. Anybody anywhere can quit their job. 

5 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

Goodman knows far more than I, but I'm not sure I agree here. Why couldn't a coach walk away? Pitino resigned from the Celtics to take the Lousiville job -- in whatever year that was. Not saying Stevens will walk away in the middle of the season, but I don't see why he couldn't if that's what he desired. 

In the article he says the first call is to Brad Stevens, the second call is 2 Tony Bennett and the third call is to John beilein.

I like @chris007 post better where Dolson calls Brad first, second, and third putting on full court press and  giving him every opportunity to take the job, then if he refuses call him again and if he still refuses call Scott Drew, then Beard.

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Wait, what? A coach isn't allowed to resign? That's hilarious that someone thinks that is a real thing. Anybody anywhere can quit their job. 

They probably have a non-compete clause in their contract where they cannot quit and then go to another NBA team, but like you said, anybody can quit.  Also, I doubt the noncompete has college programs in it and if it did, that would be easy to get thrown out in court I would think.

4 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

His first 3 calls should be to Brad Stevens.  Then the 4th, if needed to whomever is left on the list.