Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Guys I can’t believe you have been thinking about such a thing as a coaching change. Ha ha 1 stop at a time back on the Archie train. 

How about Archie beats the other black and gold team once and then we can start the choo-choo.

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

THE ARCHIE MILLER BANDWAGON HAS FIXED IT'S BLOWN TIRE!

WE'RE BACK ON THE ROAD! 

Haha I love Archie, have always been one of his biggest supporters/defenders but we need some consistency. Last night was awesome, but lets keep it going. 

Beat Rutger. 

Happy for the team and coaching staff for a great win! I am very confused at what I just witnessed. Consistency will keep the lights on. I will be happy to eat crow if Archie is the answer. IU basketball when I was growing up was Indiana consistently in the tournament and around the top of the Big 10. That’s what I am hoping for moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Happy for the great win at Iowa. I hope IU is turning the corner. However, one game is not the measure of a successful season. After similarly defeating Iowa last year, IU was blown out by Michigan in the very next game.  Hoping for the best the rest of the season. But based on the pattern over Archie's tenure, one can't help but fear the worst.

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

Happy for the great win at Iowa. I hope IU is turning the corner. However, one game is not the measure of a successful season. After similarly defeating Iowa last year, IU was blown out by Michigan in the very next game.  Hoping for the best the rest of the season. But based on the pattern over Archie's tenure, one can't help but fear the worst.

For sure - this needs to be the norm, not the exception. This means very little if they go out and lay an egg against Rutger, but it is definitely something to build on. Let's hope that is the case.

In the game thread someone linked to a pUKe thread predicting IU getting waxed last night. 

There was an interesting quote from one of the in-breds over there:

Not sure if winning this one is in Indiana's best long term interest. It's a very impressive victory, but it increases the chances of Archie Miller sticking around for another year, and I see them struggling to win an NCAA tournament game there.

I don't believe I've ever cheered for IU to lose, but would have preferred to beat PU at home or the Wisconsin game on the road more than this one. 

Didn't take one game to make me feel that change needed made. Isn't going to take one game for me to believe in Archie. Great win no doubt but yes at this point in time I still believe a change should be made.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Most, if not all, who are on the fire Archie wagon, have said no different. Most, like me, have said if they use the game as a springboard to consistently compete, their minds might be changed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Most, if not all, who are on the fire Archie wagon, have said no different. Most, like me, have said if they use the game as a springboard to consistently compete, their minds might be changed.

I can be dissuaded. I just have to see more than this to even come close to buying in. I would like nothing more than to be wrong but we've seen this before and it couldn't be sustained.

I can be dissuaded. I just have to see more than this to even come close to buying in. I would like nothing more than to be wrong but we've seen this before and it couldn't be sustained.

Same with the rest of us.

On 1/21/2021 at 11:10 PM, 8bucks said:

Guys I can’t believe you have been thinking about such a thing as a coaching change. Ha ha 1 stop at a time back on the Archie train. 

Train broke seemed the Iowa game was an anomaly. 

62FBD4FD-0061-4867-B0A2-B205A2B3E538.jpeg