Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

34 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

You guys are too much.  Now excuse while I go listen to my Rush CD's and the immortal Neil Peart banging on the drums like there's no tomorrow.

My Alexa at least once a day.."Playing Rush Radio from Pandora"..rock on man!

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

The wizards of BtownBanners will assist you. My avatar was changed without me knowing what happened. It was a welcome sight

Had to get you taken care of since you didn’t know how. 

6 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Let’s talk Chris Beard. Is he a home run hire? Does his team score enough points to satisfy some of us? Is he a sure thing? Will he come with family situation?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

His 2nd and 3rd year at TT were fantastic. Last year and this year have been just average.  He is a major improvement, but seems more like a double or triple than a home run. Would be happy with the hire over a lot of the other options. 

2 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

His 2nd and 3rd year at TT were fantastic. Last year and this year have been just average.  He is a major improvement, but seems more like a double or triple than a home run. Would be happy with the hire over a lot of the other options. 

Curious if maybe he's peaked at Texas Tech. I don't know how they are in terms of resources and other things. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Curious if maybe he's peaked at Texas Tech. I don't know how they are in terms of resources and other things. 

This could very well be true.  Have to remind myself that accomplishing what he has at Texas Tech is really impressive. 

1 minute ago, tyappleg said:

This could very well be true.  Have to remind myself that accomplishing what he has at Texas Tech is really impressive. 

Same with Baylor..I feel Drew will never have a roster this talented at Baylor. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think I prefer Beard just because I don't like Drew.  No denying his success at Baylor though. 

17 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

This is why I tend to favor Drew and maybe even Musselman.  All are on a similar tier for me. All appear to upgrades. 

12 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

That actually gives me a lot of hope! We are doing this search at the right time. Tournament may be in Indiana, and we may not be playing, but we will still be the talk of the tournament. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed, it will be the proverbial "elephant in the room" for the talking heads for weeks potentially...

10 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Baylor is bringing a 5 star, a top 40 player and another that's top 100. I don't know they'll be as good next year as this year and the previous year, but Baylor will continue to be good. 

2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

For me it’s Stevens.
And then Beard vs Drew. Oats vs Mussleman . Belein vs Matta

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I can’t get excited about Beilein.  No way that’s our move. Matta is a little more appealing but I’m not sure he has any fire left. 

neither of these options fire me up.  

however Matta>B-Line

1 hour ago, clintonmills said:

Home run hires for me consist of 3 names. 

1) Brad Stevens

2) Jay Wright

3) Chris Beard

I think Wright is much LESS likely than Stevens and I think Brad is a real longshot. I think Wright and Calipari are about the same likelihood = none. Not trying to crap on your dream, just pointing out how long those odds are to me. 

I'm a pessimist by nature so I fully expect IU to screw it up.  Granted, I was gladly wrong about Miller so there's that. 

My thing, if I'm a booster I don't know that I'd chip in 10m to buyout Miller on a hope that we improve, I'd at least want a short list of big names the AD felt good about.