Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

No disrespect intended, but I don't believe donors contribute to a $10M buyout to get Nate Oats, Eric Musselman, or even Scott Drew. 

I hate being optimistic sometimes, but I'm feeling like Dolson's in the process of reeling in a really big fish.

This guy is right. 

There is no freaking way we do the up and comer guy thing again, ala Fife. Unless it's the Bo/Greg Garland(Beilien/Fife medley thing. 

Even then, what has Fife done to warrant any interest from shelling out that kind of keesh from donors? Rich people who stay rich don't just throw 10 mill. That what's up and coming broke ***** do with pissing 10 mill away. Is Paris Hilton our anonymous donor? I'm buzzed on long islands. None of this makes sense. 

Knowing Dolson managed to get a donor to pay 10 mil likely knowing who the coach is gonna be.... it’s gotta be Stevens, Beard, or Oats. Any of those three and I think the entire fan base is ecstatic.

Edit: maybe not even Oats. My hopes are at an all time high.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Between Providence, UK and UL, he went to 7 final fours in 26 years. Statistically the odds of him making it once in the next four year span would be pretty good. 

Not that I don't think that Pitino would get us to the final four, but...

if you count his time in the NBA, Brad Stevens has 5 final fours in 14 years (if you count this year and assume he won't make the conference final).

Drew, Beard. Matta or Musselman. My guess one of those four.

Drew, Beard, Musselman seem most likely imo.

I know a lot of people will be upset with Drew but if that’s our consolation prize, I’m ready to roll.

Any of these 3, we have a fighting chance.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Scott is going HUGE! It's just time. Seems like a guy that understands that. I've said earlier, I don't see another sideways bet on an up and comer, nor do I see a buy out being paid for someone who only has 4-6 years of coaching left. All vibes point to this being the one we've all been waiting for. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Drew, Beard, Musselman seem most likely imo.

I know a lot of people will be upset with Drew but if that’s our consolation prize, I’m ready to roll.

Any of these 3, we have a fighting chance.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Like almost everyone, I am really hoping for Stevens, but my gut is telling me it's Scott Drew or Beard.

You guys are getting me thinking and my hopes are getting up., hopefully stevens. Or beard. But if we go the up and comer route I like stuhoos gates. I liked his coaching in the game I watched

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk