Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

29 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I do believe it is way more likely he stays in the NBA than come to IU.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

and if so I also believe it will more likely than not be with a team other than the Celtics

17 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

If your life depended on IU returning to the final four in the next four years would you hire Brad Stevens or Rick Pitino?

This is fun. I’d pick Stevens. Frankly, this years squad would’ve been, what, a 7 seed or better with Stevens on the sideline?

Why would the big buyout have any impact on Oats interest? That doesn't make sense. 
Not arguing that he might not be interested, but that reason is silly. 
I know I'm late on this but technically most buyouts for leaving a university are the coach's responsibility and not the poaching university. Again I'm sure these things are worked out during negotiations to where the university ends up paying it but I guess if it is still his responsibility then maybe he cares?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I don’t know who the next coach will be but would any of you put up 10 million without knowing who the next coach will be?
If I had that kind of play $ maybe just to ensure I didn't have to watch what I watched this season again. But realistically......no I wouldn't. Hell I'd feel like I should make the hire myself for that $.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Brad Stevens. 

Between Providence, UK and UL, he went to 7 final fours in 26 years. Statistically the odds of him making it once in the next four year span would be pretty good.