Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

36 minutes ago, IUguy77 said:

Hi I’m new here, but I think Titus was actually making a joke about saying that about IU when the same thing can actually be said about the Celtics. 

You've made your first post so now you're a veteran.  Keep'em coming and glad to have you with us.  It has been a glorious day.

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It means we’re all Hoosiers tonight. But would you put up 10 million without knowing who the next coach is? I wouldn’t 

Dolson said many times today that he wanted to make it clear...this is not what happened.  He did not discuss names with our two benefactors.

CEOs can be trusted with their statements, right?

Just now, Magnanimous said:

Here’s what I know. Our administration seems to be all in on making this hire as successful as possible, our boosters were convinced at whatever our prospects are that it’s worth shelling out $10m, and we’re not Nebraska football. 

We are Nebraska football until we prove we’re not

39 minutes ago, IUguy77 said:

Hi I’m new here, but I think Titus was actually making a joke about saying that about IU when the same thing can actually be said about the Celtics. 

I am new today as well: if you want to get rid of the "Purdue Jockstrap" moniker, I think you have post 10 times.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

You've made your first post so now you're a veteran.  Keep'em coming and glad to have you with us.  It has been a glorious day.

Thank you. Had actually stopped following the basketball team for the most part the past few years. Was pretty surprised to hear this news today. Hopeful to be able to get excited about the team again. Fingers crossed for a good hire. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t know who the next coach will be but would any of you put up 10 million without knowing who the next coach will be?

No. I would stipulate that back channeling and feelers be put out to give me an idea of who wanted the job. If the names were guys I felt would make a difference, I’d open my checkbook. 

21 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

To be fair, he isn't the only one who thought that. The vast majority of media pundits and many on this board thought he would succeed, including me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

which just shows that all involved should be taken with a grain of salt, and that Goodman is hardly a definitive authority on the subject