Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Didn’t Dolson say in the press conference something about having the next coach be there for a long time?  I turned over to JMV right after and it might have been him who said that though. If Scott, it would seem to eliminate Beilein 

I am not sure if he said that, but he definitely said they were "not excluding anyone." 

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Glass said that about every hire... means nothing... kind of like when a politician or a preacher says "in closing..." :D

Well the last 4 (FOUR!) hires had the theoretical chance to coach for 20 years.  Hiring an almost 70 year old would eliminate that possibility.

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

Well the last 4 (FOUR!) hires had the theoretical chance to coach for 20 years.  Hiring an almost 70 year old would eliminate that possibility.

Fair enough... but my point is that saying that is easy... the proof is in the doing.

6 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Why are the Celtics currently struggling, do his players like him and would he consistently recruit top talent are a few questions I have.

Tbh...I don't think you ask questions. If Dolson even thinks that Brad could be convinced to take the job, you give him whatever he wants. He is literally the ONE guy who could unite our crazy fan base. 

9 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Why are the Celtics currently struggling, do his players like him and would he consistently recruit top talent are a few questions I have.

This is a good point and should be noted that kids, like Joey Brunk, who get 7 seasons may stop listening to Brad during their 3 senior year. 

10 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Danny Ainge put together a pretty bad roster. They don’t have a bench or front court players. They’ve also dealt with injuries to their two starting guards this year. 

11 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

He has had really good success in the NBA and made back to back championship games at Butler.  He is a no questions asked, throw a ton of money at type hire.  He's proved he can coach at both levels consistently. 

4 minutes ago, spe317 said:

Well that basically means it won’t happen. 

no offense to Mr Sterling. 

If you listen to his youtube video on it, he does not really think it will be Stevens - just hopes based on a story of a friend. 

He did say if it is not Brad Stevens that he wants Dane Fife because he understands Bloomington and Indiana basketball.