Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Hey ya'll,
Rickie checkin' in..
For those of you who may be new, my name is Barrel, and I am known amongst the BTB family as the most trustworthy insider in Hoosier Basketball history..
Now, as I have been inactive throughout the season, you may be wondering why..
Clearly it's not my inflammatory bowel syndrome, as I got that cleared away late last summer.. I haven't felt the burn in months.. thank you to StuHoo for the well wishes, and to Class of '66 for the pecan pie in the mail.. my goodness.. that sh*t hit me where the sun don't shine..
Today, I've decided to make my return to the Banners to let you all know the reasoning for my absence.. 
I've been moving like a f*cking assasin..
While everyone else speculated, I was digging.. searching.. for any information I could possibly scrape up about the in's and outs of this program.. 
I've read many messages..
"Barrel, what do you know about Archie?" "Please Barrel, just tell us what you've heard about the coach!"
You really want some inside barrelmation? 
Fine.
From what I've heard (and my sources have never failed us), Archie's a damn goner. 
Who takes his place you may ask?
CJ Gunn.
Fact has it, the kid has been on and off about his future on the hardwood.. key word being.. ON..
He's decided he wants to further his career on the sidelines, which ultimately works out better for us fans as the kid can't play basketball to save his ever-loving life.
Brad Stevens? You really thought we were gonna' land one of the most successful guru's at the next level?
Chris007 is a fraud..
Where was he when I predicted Robbie Hummel to Bloomington?
No where to be seen..
Only the Barrel knows..
And what the Barrel knows, the world will soon know..

- Barrel Rick, 2021

I have questions.....Barrel? Is there any truth to the rumor that Metta World Peace and Latrell Sprewell have agreed to join the CJ Gunn staff as assistant coaches? Also, did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If Indiana is going to fire Archie, this is a huge step forward IMO. I don't think Fred Glass would've fired Archie with a 10 mil buyout. He would've waited another year. We saw that with Crean in 2015. That being said, I have to think (and this has been said on here) they are getting a proven winner. Not a Dane Fife, not a Gates. It has to be a proven P5 winner. You don't fire Archie Miller to replace him with a coach who has a similar resume as him. You just don't, not with a 10 mil buyout. 

If I had to put money on someone (and frankly I've went from Alford to Fife so who the hell knows) I'd say Eric Musselman is the guy. I don't know if Stevens leaves one year after his extension. They would really have to wow him. I think Beard is a Texas guy and don't see him coming to Indiana. The next guy that comes to mind would be Musselman. I would HOPE Indiana University could lure a coach from a football school. 

1 hour ago, Barrell Rick said:

Hey ya'll,

Rickie checkin' in..

For those of you who may be new, my name is Barrel, and I am known amongst the BTB family as the most trustworthy insider in Hoosier Basketball history..

Now, as I have been inactive throughout the season, you may be wondering why..

Clearly it's not my inflammatory bowel syndrome, as I got that cleared away late last summer.. I haven't felt the burn in months.. thank you to StuHoo for the well wishes, and to Class of '66 for the pecan pie in the mail.. my goodness.. that sh*t hit me where the sun don't shine..

Today, I've decided to make my return to the Banners to let you all know the reasoning for my absence.. 

I've been moving like a f*cking assasin..

While everyone else speculated, I was digging.. searching.. for any information I could possibly scrape up about the in's and outs of this program.. 

I've read many messages..

"Barrel, what do you know about Archie?" "Please Barrel, just tell us what you've heard about the coach!"

You really want some inside barrelmation? 

Fine.

From what I've heard (and my sources have never failed us), Archie's a damn goner. 

Who takes his place you may ask?

CJ Gunn.

Fact has it, the kid has been on and off about his future on the hardwood.. key word being.. ON..

He's decided he wants to further his career on the sidelines, which ultimately works out better for us fans as the kid can't play basketball to save his ever-loving life.

Brad Stevens? You really thought we were gonna' land one of the most successful guru's at the next level?

Chris007 is a fraud..

Where was he when I predicted Robbie Hummel to Bloomington?

No where to be seen..

Only the Barrel knows..

And what the Barrel knows, the world will soon know..

- Barrel Rick, 2021

Barrel Rick is not a fraud. Barrel Rick is a medium roast modern day Stiv Bators with extra cheese. Maybe a nice goat Gouda. 

If Government  Cheese and Tijan Jobe raised a baby, Barrel Rick would be its second daddy. So that’s nice.

In summary? I loves me some Barrel Rick. And Archie Miller needs to mind his Barrel. Because as the man himself just said, “what Barrel knows, the world will still know.”

8 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If Indiana is going to fire Archie, this is a huge step forward IMO. I don't think Fred Glass would've fired Archie with a 10 mil buyout. He would've waited another year. We saw that with Crean in 2015. That being said, I have to think (and this has been said on here) they are getting a proven winner. Not a Dane Fire, not a Stu Gates. It has to be a proven P5 winner. You don't fire Archie Miller to replace him with a coach who has a similar resume as him. You just don't, not with a 10 mil buyout. 

If I had to put money on someone (and frankly I've went from Alford to Fife so who the hell knows) I'd say Eric Musselman is the guy. I don't know if Stevens leaves one year after his extension. They would really have to wow him. I think Beard is a Texas guy and don't see him coming to Indiana. The next guy that comes to mind would be Musselman. I would HOPE Indiana University could lure a coach from a football school. 

My thoughts on Stevens...A currently employed NBA coach that is poised to make a playoff run leaving for a college team is an incredibly tough scenario to envision, especially if the vacancy is there mid-March.. Either he leaves now(ish), say late March early April, or he waits until his season is over, which could very well be sometime in May. Does this position just sit open until then? Does he leave his current gig a few weeks before the playoffs begin? Does the college team keep their lame-duck coach until May and fire him then? Or does he accept it and then continue coach in the NBA? The answer to all four questions is a resounding "no." I know that Pitino left the Knicks for the UK job that was sitting vacant for two months, but in today's world of the transfer market and instant eligibility, an incoming coach cannot wait until summer to build a roster. Pitino also had a grace period of being ineligible for the NCAAT his first two years at UK. 

11 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Looks like Chris and I will be eating out a lot this week to spot Beard and Gates. 

However— We will only eat if we are funded. I’ll start the GoFundMe now. 

It will be an expensive weekend! 

I am absolutely ready to buy your drinkage.

If Indiana is going to fire Archie, this is a huge step forward IMO. I don't think Fred Glass would've fired Archie with a 10 mil buyout. He would've waited another year. We saw that with Crean in 2015. That being said, I have to think (and this has been said on here) they are getting a proven winner. Not a Dane Fire, not a Stu Gates. It has to be a proven P5 winner. You don't fire Archie Miller to replace him with a coach who has a similar resume as him. You just don't, not with a 10 mil buyout. 

Nice. Agree.

Favorite parts..... Dane Fire and STU Gates.

Gold, I tell ya.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yea... I really couldn't careless how our driver, swimming, baseball, softball etc is doing. Mens basketball should always be priority #1. If it's this good awful, then you are a failure as an AD. Plain and simple. Football being good is only good for the money. It sucking again won't matter because it's what everyone is used to. MENS BASKETBALL NEEDS TO BE GREAT. 
I agree Men's Basketball needs to be great, but just because you don't care about the other Sports and Athletes doesn't mean they aren't important to others

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk