Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Watching the BIG championship today had me dreaming of that being IU with Steven’s someday soon! He is our Saban hire to make us prominent again. Alabama was ok but not great and they opened up their checkbook and brought him in and 4 titles later the rest is history! Man I can just see it but who the heck knows! 

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

Interesting...as I recall those two and Mike Roberts coming as an assistant were pretty broadly known before being officially announced. Not suggesting this person doesn’t know but, for example, I could’ve predicted those without any insider knowledge. So...this is sticking one’s neck out further.

This

2 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I missed it if it was in the game thread. What was said?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Supposedly After Purdue game text Archie and told him he’s a f****n used car salesman. 

There is no need to say anything if we aren’t firing him. I can’t imagine a presser that states we have full confidence in Archie. Not true and no need to say that 
Normally I'd agree with this but given the animosity that so many have right now I think leaving it unsaid just keeps speculation going and hinders recruiting. Not that it's likely to matter much but I still think they'd say something.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, iubb said:

Again that wouldn’t make sense. You wouldn’t have a damn press conference to say nothing is changing. You issue a press release because then you don’t need to answer questions from the press. If he has a press conference to say nothing is changing he is going to be getting hammered by the press asking questions.

Press conference= coaching change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not the reason for my question. 

I'm curious to learn if this comes from Sam to evaluate if the press conference rumor should be given more or less credibility.  

Normally I'd agree with this but given the animosity that so many have right now I think leaving it unsaid just keeps speculation going and hinders recruiting. Not that it's likely to matter much but I still think they'd say something.

But again if we keep him, they would be idiots to do anything other than just put out a press release. They will get eaten alive by the IU/INDY press if they are stupid enough to have press conference where they say Miller will be back next year.

Perhaps the AD has a Fetish about being eaten alive by the press, but if he doesn’t he is smart enough to know what would happen at a PC

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Anyone hearing anything? Someone give us some news.

I don’t believe there would be a press conference tomorrow 

Edited by Ramey789

Just now, TheWatShot said:

In 2015, when we were on pins and needles waiting to see if Crean would be fired, Glass released a statement at 5 p.m. on a Friday saying Crean was staying. 

This was strategically done on a Friday evening, because Friday is "take out the trash" day in media terms. This is when media outlets publish stories that they don't really want to publish due to fear of public backlash, but they kind of have to, so they do it at a time when people are less likely to be checking the news. 

A press conference on a Monday most likely means Archie is done. 

Yes, if the presser rumor is true

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

In 2015, when we were on pins and needles waiting to see if Crean would be fired, Glass released a statement at 5 p.m. on a Friday saying Crean was staying. 

This was strategically done on a Friday evening, because Friday is "take out the trash" day in media terms. This is when media outlets publish stories that they don't really want to publish due to fear of public backlash, but they kind of have to, so they do it at a time when people are less likely to be checking the news. 

This is what I was thinking as soon as I heard the rumor.

Also. Given we are still doing zoom press conferences due to COVID, they really don’t need to give the press as much notification ahead of time since all they will need to do is click a zoom link.

If we were still having in person press conferences that head up time is needed for the press to make travel arrangements to IU.

Here is the thing. You issue a press release or statement if it’s status quo and Archie is staying.

You don’t hold a press conference unless you are making changes.

Have to agree. Wouldn't make sense put yourself in the line of fire

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Yep. IU is great at the late Friday afternoon press release as Glass was walking out of the office.