Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

Musselman because he is more proven as a coach. An assistant and head coach in the NBA. I love Oats but his new contract make him untouchable, so Musselman. Plus IU needs someone who is experienced and Musselman has that. 

I was agnostic on Musselman earlier on because I really did not like what he did defensively at Nevada. They were so hyper aggressive overplaying passing lanes and blitzing the hell out of every pick and roll and I just thought better teams would really be able to exploit how elastic they were. But after watching a couple of Arkansas games the last couple of months he has significantly adjusted his scheme to account for better guard play. They are so much more solid. Very impressive. I’ve become a fan to the degree that, among the most likely suspects, he may be my number 1.

Potentially a hot take, but I’m more than fine with the athletic department unloading an enormous salary on Oats. I think he’s the real deal and worth totally banking on him for 40+ years. I know he hasn’t won anything in March yet and has yet to prove himself, but I would be similarly-elated if Oats is hired as I would be if Stevens, Drew, or Beard were.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They've already shown how much they care, zilch.  If they did they wouldn't be okay with paying Miller 3 mil to be worse than Mike Davis.

Archie was always going to get 4 years. His contract, except for the buyout made sense. He should be giving us OSU/Illinois like results. We’d all be moderately happy. But he was always going to get 4 years. Now try again. I think it’s a mixed bag, because much of the admin might not care, but they realize the importance of a successful program.

I think he will be fired, soon.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Archie was always going to get 4 years. His contract, except for the buyout made sense. He should be giving us OSU/Illinois like results. We’d all be moderately happy. But he was always going to get 4 years. Now try again. I think it’s a mixed bag, because much of the admin might not care, but they realize the importance of a successful program.

I think he will be fired, soon.

He's had an embarrassing 4 years.  They should move on but won't because they're okay with this crap.  He hasn’t even been mediocre, he's been horrible, but nothing will happen because the administration is negligent at best and malignant at worst.

I'm glad Friday came and went. Always beware of the Friday afternoon news dump. 

I mean seriously. You don’t think someone at the IndyStar would love to post and Article that says Archie is staying? I think they are doing their digging with their sources and are not getting anything. Which means its likely means he is gone.

Someone would have leaked to the media if he was staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's had an embarrassing 4 years.  They should move on but won't because they're okay with this crap.  He hasn’t even been mediocre, he's been horrible, but nothing will happen because the administration is negligent at best and malignant at worst.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Or I’ll be shocked and BTownBanners won’t see much of me for a while. I’ve been disgruntled with Archie for a long time. Glad to see the swing this season. It’s wide ranging now.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Or I’ll be shocked and BTownBanners won’t see much of me for a while. I’ve been disgruntled with Archie for a long time. Glad to see the swing this season. It’s wide ranging now.

I'd gladly be wrong on this but I'm rarely surprised in a good way.  He should've had a pink slip waiting for him after the Rutgers game ended, yet here we are.

1 minute ago, hoosierpap said:

Gettin' some vibes that aren't gonna make this place a blast

Just such a joke. Tells me all I need to know about Dolson. Already knew about our admin but just more of the same. Glad we hired a yes man and that not even making the freaking tourney in 4 years is acceptable. F this

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Just such a joke. Tells me all I need to know about Dolson. Already knew about our admin but just more of the same. Glad we hired a yes man and that not even making the freaking tourney in 4 years is acceptable. F this

Fire Dolson too if he brings this scrub back for another year. But knowing that our university wants the AD to be nothing more than a puppet in a suit, Dolson is doing his job perfectly.