Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

9 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Have you ever been to Waco, TX?  It is the place where hope went to die.  They can't fill a 7,000 seat arena when they are a tournament team.  They have more pay phones per capita than basketball fans.  I am not even joking, Waco still has pay phones.  When is the last time you actually saw a pay phone.  The question isn't why would he want to leave, the question is why would he want to stay.

There's a lot of nice Fixer Uppers in Waco.

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Off the top of my head I can't think of a coach who has been RE-hired at a P5. Boy that would be a headline!

Dave Leitao was brought back at DePaul. I realize that's not P5 and he originally left for U.Va. -- was not fired. And he's been very mediocre since his return. At first thought, I cannot think of any other college hoops programs where coaches have had two stints. There very well may be, but I can't think of any offhand. 

22 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Let's have a fun game today. Let's saying the following names are off the list for obvious reasons we've discussed.

- Stevens, Beard, Drew, Donavan, Matta, Mack, Mussleman, Wes Miller, and Belien.

What do you do if you're Scott Dolson in that case? 

Honestly, if all my top choices are off the table and it’s a bunch decent coaches left I go with the former player in Alford. It buys you time with the university, former players, and a lot of the old guard boosters. 

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well, I personally would tell him to have his office cleaned out by the end of the weekend. But we'll see how Dolson handles it. 

Think it could be a situation where he lets Archie try to find a job because our next guy is coaching in the tournament. No need to cause a distraction for the new guy trying to coach his team to tournament success. I can see this dragging out for a few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

You mean CBI haha. 

Remember when Glass arrogantly told the media, "We're Indiana, we don't play in the CBI".....didn't age well. 

Yeah teams don't get invited to the NIT if they are under .500 right?

The season really is done then. Sweet! 

4 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Think it could be a situation where he lets Archie try to find a job because our next guy is coaching in the tournament. No need to cause a distraction for the new guy trying to coach his team to tournament success. I can see this dragging out for a few weeks. 

Nope just part ways then Archie is free to do whatever he wants and so is the school. 

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Yeah teams don't get invited to the NIT if they are under .500 right?

The season really is done then. Sweet! 

NIT got rid of that rule a couple years ago but off the top of my head I can’t think of any teams that had been invited under .500

6 minutes ago, Treesh said:

An Alford supporter!

200.gif

Lol. I’ll give any new coach a chance. Can’t say I’m a Alford supporter per se. but you took the top coaches off the table. I’ll roll with a guy who has been successful and has a track record. IU absolutely can’t go with an up and comer again because the risk is too great. If IU basketball gets this hire wrong and kiss the program goodbye. It’s on life support and I think the next coach comes from the list you took off the table or someone of that caliber. But in your scenario, Alford gets the nod. 

32 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Let's have a fun game today. Let's saying the following names are off the list for obvious reasons we've discussed.

- Stevens, Beard, Drew, Donavan, Matta, Mack, Mussleman, Wes Miller, and Belien.

What do you do if you're Scott Dolson in that case? 

Hand in your resignation and let it be someone else's headache.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Anything is possible, but I will be surprised if it does. 

Agreed. Why wait weeks to fire him -- or to make that announcement if it does happen? If there is a parting of the ways, best to do it sooner rather than later. It would be best for everyone involved. 

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hand in your resignation and let it be someone else's headache.

For all we know, this scenario could very well be realistic. We saw what happened four years ago..