Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Wes Miller would be a fantastic choice.

TBH, I don't know much about Wes Miller or his capabilities. On the surface, his recent years at UNCG don't seem bad. But I would think it would be a very tough sell to the alumni and fan base to hire another mid-major coach -- especially one from a lesser conference than the A-10. 

Man, to me we are in a period of IU bball where we can't take anymore chances with a hire. U have to go after a proven winner. I know, I know, a proven winner may not wanna come here etc but we sure as hell have to give it ALL we have before going with another unknown. In a world where money talks, just go get it done! 

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Agreed, but being offered a P5 job can change those plans.

Might as well a couple years for UNC to open up instead of coming to this sunken ship. Wiser decision for his career. But he interviews with IU to get a salary raise at his mid-major. 

UNC is the better job. 

8 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Personally......I don't see it, and it's not because I'm not a big Drew guy.  I don't see the move making much sense from his perspective given the talent he has + the talent he has coming in.  After 18 years, if he had been looking to make a move, he could have already.  Having a national contender at Baylor for the foreseeable future doesn't seem to be the time to move.

Exactly. He has his made there. The program is built. He'll probably get a raise here. I'd interview with IU just to get a raise at Baylor.

He hasn't lived in Indiana in 18 years. I don't really see the point in coming back to start from complete scratch. College Basketball is hard. Building a program is even harder today. 

7 hours ago, 323SGrant said:

Did you have the opportunity to see him play at Reitz? Hopefully, as with most players, a year of experience will significantly help him. Hoping for significant improvement with IU Basketball!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A couple times. I never thought he was a legit 5 star. But I thought by the time he was a sophomore or junior he'd be a really good college player. Not sure about the NBA...

Chris Beard wouldn't surprise me. I know he took Texas Tech to the championship game but the last two years I don't think he had a championship caliber roster. He did just sign an extension not too long ago. Maybe he thinks he could win at Indiana. That being said I think Billy Donovan took Florida (football school) to the title game in 2000 and 6 years later won a title. 

My list of semi realistic candidates but I really don't want to go past #6 but I can make cases for the others. 

1. Stevens

2. Beard

3. Mack 

4. Drew

5. Matta 

6. Beilein 

7. Musselman

8. Moser

9. Alford

10. Fife

11. Cheaney

12. Lewis

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

My list of semi realistic candidates but I really don't want to go past #6 but I can make cases for the others. 

1. Stevens

2. Beard

3. Mack 

4. Drew

5. Matta 

6. Beilein 

7. Musselman

8. Moser

9. Alford

10. Fife

11. Cheaney

12. Lewis

lol

I am guessing we hear about a decision early next week IMO. I feel like the monday after the BIG tournament is always a big day for firings and transfers. Plus we don't have the NIT this year like we did in Crean's last year (I wouldn't think) so won't have to wait as long. 

Let's have a fun game today. Let's saying the following names are off the list for obvious reasons we've discussed.

- Stevens, Beard, Drew, Donavan, Matta, Mack, Mussleman, Wes Miller, and Belien.

What do you do if you're Scott Dolson in that case?