Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

18 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

For what’s it’s worth, I have on very good authority that after Saturday’s game Landers mom text Archie and told him “you’re nothing but a ******* used car salesman”

I did not see this text directly but I know people that were at the same establishment she was and saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Could this have been why Lander didn’t play today? I don’t remember hearing anything about an injury for him so I found it odd he didn’t get any minutes.

9 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Would hate to see Lander (or any of the rising sophomores) leave the program. KL has elite vision. Obviously needs to work on shooting form/accuracy and decision making but kid can handle the rock and make things happen. 

I would hate to see him leave too. He's from my hometown and I'd love to see the kid succeed. That being said...mommies don't need to be sending the coaches text messages-assuming this is true. If that's how they are going to be well goodbye. We can blame Archie all we want (he for sure is #1 to blame) but this is part of the problem too. Smith's dad and I think Forrester's dad were running their mouths on Twitter in the past few years. Leal's mom tweeting "play him!!" That just doesn't work at Indiana. I know a lot of you hate Dakich but this is where he is spot on. It might at another program. Purdue had a mom running her mouth online. That kid is gone now and I'm pretty sure he's not having much success at the other school. It just doesn't work. 

That being said KL should still be in high school. I bet that is why mom used the term "used car salesman" They were probably misled by Archie. I feel bad for the kid. Good chance he would've been Mr. Basketball and could've contended for a state title at Reitz. They won sectionals without him. Imagine if he was on the team still. 

I would hate to see him leave too. He's from my hometown and I'd love to see the kid succeed. That being said...mommies don't need to be sending the coaches text messages-assuming this is true. If that's how they are going to be well goodbye. We can blame Archie all we want (he for sure is #1 to blame) but this is part of the problem too. Smith's dad and I think Forrester's dad were running their mouths on Twitter in the past few years. Leal's mom tweeting "play him!!" That just doesn't work at Indiana. I know a lot of you hate Dakich but this is where he is spot on. It might at another program. Purdue had a mom running her mouth online. That kid is gone now and I'm pretty sure he's not having much success at the other school. It just doesn't work. 
That being said KL should still be in high school. I feel bad for the kid. Good chance he would've been Mr. Basketball and could've contended for a state title at Reitz. They won sectionals without him. Imagine if he was on the team still. 

I hope KL stays with IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, 323SGrant said:

I hope KL stays with IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I do too...he has 5 star vision. A good offseason would do wonders for him. I just don't want the family to bring down the culture. As I said above the family is probably frustrated. They were most likely misled by the staff into Khristian leaving Reitz a year early. That's on them too. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

In defense of Lander's mother, it was a text between herself and Archie, not a social media post that would be removed the next day. 

And there aren't too many coaches out there who could take a 5-star point guard and find a way to play him less than 5 minutes a game. 

Bingo. I don't like it either but they are probably pissed. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

I do too...he has 5 star vision. A good offseason would do wonders for him. I just don't want the family to bring down the culture. As I said above the family is probably frustrated. They were most likely misled by the staff into Khristian leaving Reitz a year early. That's on them too. 

From everything that Lander was saying, I don't think it was a situation of him being misled into leaving....I think he wanted to leave and felt he was ready.  That would have been hard enough in a normal offseason to make the jump, under covid restrictions was that much harder.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

TBH, I want no part of Scott Drew. Just seems to be something sorta sleazy about him. 

But as I've written before, I thought Crean and Archie were good hires and thought Allen and Moren were bad hires -- so what the hell do I know?

I can't help but wonder, though: Dolson is reportedly pretty tight with RMK, who I believe butted heads with Drew when RMK was at Texas Tech. Plus, there's the Hanner Perea incident. Those seem to be two pretty big strikes against Drew. 

IDK.  We have to stop worrying about past stuff -- the past is for losers and cowards.  Can the guy recruit, can the guy coach, and can the guy win?  Those are really the only questions that need answered.    

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

In defense of Lander's mother, it was a text between herself and Archie, not a social media post that would be removed the next day. 

And there aren't too many coaches out there who could take a 5-star point guard and find a way to play him less than 5 minutes a game. 

Except that if the story was true (again, completely hypothetical since this is not being told first hand), she seemed to be showing the text to people in a restaurant indescriminately.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Why?  Is that where Lander is transferring?  :(

We’re where Drew is transferring. Might just head right to Bloomington after he finishes up in Indy a couple weeks from now. 

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Better question:  how many 25% shooters who aren't good defenders get 10 minutes per game (his actual minutes)?  We can talk about Archie not developing players, but Lander didn't look ready from day 1.  We can fault Miller for player development but acknowledge that Lander showed that he wasn't ready.

21 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

That being said KL should still be in high school. I bet that is why mom used the term "used car salesman" They were probably misled by Archie. I feel bad for the kid. Good chance he would've been Mr. Basketball and could've contended for a state title at Reitz. They won sectionals without him. Imagine if he was on the team still

If the text is true, then I believe this is why.  Kid reclassified for nothing.  You'd think an honest college coach would let him know he needs more seasoning in HS.  Hell even I could see it.  

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We’re where Drew is transferring. Might just head right to Bloomington after he finishes up in Indy a couple weeks from now. 

Personally......I don't see it, and it's not because I'm not a big Drew guy.  I don't see the move making much sense from his perspective given the talent he has + the talent he has coming in.  After 18 years, if he had been looking to make a move, he could have already.  Having a national contender at Baylor for the foreseeable future doesn't seem to be the time to move.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Personally......I don't see it, and it's not because I'm not a big Drew guy.  I don't see the move making much sense from his perspective given the talent he has + the talent he has coming in.  After 18 years, if he had been looking to make a move, he could have already.  Having a national contender at Baylor for the foreseeable future doesn't seem to be the time to move.

Yeah.  I think we are stuck with either that guy out at USC, Enfield, (or someone like him) or a Fife (or similar).  I don't see a final four type P5 coach comming here anytime soon.   

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

If the tweet is true, then I believe this is why.  Kid reclassified for nothing.  You'd think an honest college coach would let him know he needs more seasoning in HS.  Hell even I could see it.  

I agree he shouldn't have reclassified.  I disagree that it was something that the coaching staff was pushing him to do if it wasn't something he wanted to do.  I get a little tired of players and especially their parents quick to point fingers when things don't go their way.

6 game losing streak to end the season when a tourney birth was in your hands. Lose or go home game and we don’t score a FG in the final 9:50. He knows he has no recruiting momentum. First game this season where fans were present and even the small mount of them were audibly booing and some chanting fire Archie. How could he actually want to stay? 

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I agree. The only reason I can think of, is if they are willing to throw 4M at him. IIRC, he's making around 2.7