Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

If it was me, I'd take the firing + buyout in a heartbeat. It's not like his next job won't know exactly what happened at IU. Firing vs resigning is about the same thing for a failing coach. 
That's assuming they have made the decision to fire him already, correct?
Personally, I don't think they have

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I’m starting to worry about IU getting cold feet even if they lose their next two. No insight, just paranoid, I guess.

I have definitely heard that being discussed. There is an executive session today at 1:30 with the Board of Trustees. I just wonder if that is athletic-related. Most likely not but @Treesh and I might need to drive wherever to check it out. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I have definitely heard that being discussed. There is an executive session today at 1:30 with the Board of Trustees. I just wonder if that is athletic-related. Most likely not but @Treesh and I might need to drive wherever to check it out. 

I live downtown Bloomington currently. Pick me up! They are probably meeting at Applebee's or O'Charley's for their late lunch ;)

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

You have heard they might be getting cold feet about parting ways?

Just now, Demo said:

Sorry, but if they can go anywhere in Bloomington to eat and they end up at Applebee’s or O’Charley’s, I don’t want them picking the Coach. That be some suspect decision-making right there.

Truer words have never been spoken!

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Sorry, but if they can go anywhere in Bloomington to eat and they end up at Applebee’s or O’Charley’s, I don’t want them picking the Coach. That be some suspect decision-making right there.

Can't be seen at a popular establishment, they can't have people hearing the chatter ;)

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

My feeling about next year is that the nucleus likely coming back is not bad, and with some complementary interior pieces could be interesting.

But I have no optimism that’s true without a change.

We could be pretty darn good next year if natural improvement occurs, TJD returns, Parker turns out okay and maybe a transfer. Throw in Rob coming back for the hell of it LOL 

Just now, IUc2016 said:

You have heard they might be getting cold feet about parting ways?

Yes, I got a text about that during halftime of the MSU game. If you haven't seen the Indy Star article about how much money we've lost then check it out. We lost 6 million just from March of 20 to June 30 of 20. Wait till the rest comes out from July 1 2020 till July 2010. It's going to be big losses. 

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

100% agree. Those don't make the top 50 in Bloomington. Even Fred Glass & Buckner met at Uptown each week when picking the next coach.

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

We could be pretty darn good next year if natural improvement occurs, TJD returns, Parker turns out okay and maybe a transfer. Throw in Rob coming back for the hell of it LOL 

That's the whole problem for me is the "ifs".   And we need virtually every one of the "ifs" to materialize in order to have anything better than we had this season.  I just don't see that happening with our present situation.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That's the whole problem for me is the "ifs".   And we need virtually every one of the "ifs" to materialize in order to have anything better than we had this season.  I just don't see that happening with our present situation.

Hey, me either but it's basketball, we live in a crazy world. Anything is possible! 

We might have better chances at winning a cake at a our local church cake walk - but there's a chance! 

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

After reading through the various coach related threads, I might have to take a year vacation from the board if CAM is back next season.

If he's back next year I think the mods will give me a one year vacation after I **** all over the boards

43 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I’m starting to worry about IU getting cold feet even if they lose their next two. No insight, just paranoid, I guess.

They won’t get cold feet if they want fans to show up to assembly hall next season. 

Kent Sterling posted a video to the other day and said he was walking through Cook Hall with JD Campbell. Archie was walking the other way and JD said hey Archie, there’s someone I want you to meet. And CAM completed ignored him and kept walking. That really rubbed me the wrong way 

1 minute ago, hper50 said:

Kent Sterling posted a video to the other day and said he was walking through Cook Hall with JD Campbell. Archie was walking the other way and JD said hey Archie, there’s someone I want you to meet. And CAM completed ignored him and kept walking. That really rubbed me the wrong way 

If you have ever met Kent, you would do the same thing. But I understand what your saying.