Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

26 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Considering how Ainge treated IT and can’t attract a single good free agent, he won’t be able to keep Tatum and Brown for long. It won’t be his decision to make win one of them demands a trade publicly. He’s ran the organization into the ground at this point with no options than hopes and dreams. 

They have no cap space in the future, no bench, two stars who only want to score for themselves, they can’t attract key free agents anymore (Kemba went there because of the Max), they are DONE! 

IT was also much older and wasn't healthy. Ao he knew exactly what he was doing and was right. 

Yes, it is true that Stevens is coming.

I have inside info that the timeline is as follows:

-Archie will be fired after we roll over in the first game of the BTT

-Dolson successfully lures Alford to IU with a 20 year 1.5 billion dollar contract

-In year three the “Fire Alford” posts on Btownbanners are up to 890 pages

-Alford overachieves in year four by finishing 8th in the Big Ten, our best finish in 6 years, and is given another year.

-Alford is gone after year 5 and finally, finally, Brad Stevens is announced as the next coach at IU.  Hard to believe but in 5 short years Stevens will be here and still only be 49.

15 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Yes, it is true that Stevens is coming.

I have inside info that the timeline is as follows:

-Archie will be fired after we roll over in the first game of the BTT

-Dolson successfully lures Alford to IU with a 20 year 1.5 billion dollar contract

-In year three the “Fire Alford” posts on Btownbanners are up to 890 pages

-Alford overachieves in year four by finishing 8th in the Big Ten, our best finish in 6 years, and is given another year.

-Alford is gone after year 5 and finally, finally, Brad Stevens is announced as the next coach at IU.  Hard to believe but in 5 short years Stevens will be here and still only be 49.

I need a drink. 

34 minutes ago, hper50 said:

Am I supposed to be watching future Indiana HC Scott Drew on ESPN2 or future Indiana HC Dane Fife on ESPN

Both, told my wife I had to go down to the basement bar to do my homework. Good basketball & good beer heading into Brad Stevens IU interview weekend.

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I see them as a team ready to compete but have stopped listening to the same coach who has been there for 7-8 years. He's lost his voice so they need a fresh new voice to take them over the top. As Larry Bird used to say if you haven't won it all in 4-5 years in the NBA you need a new coach because they've tuned you out. That is why Brad is going to step away to take over IU

Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, in your golden, fleece diapers, with your curled-up, fat, balled-up little fists pawin' at the air....please let this be true

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

1. That was eleven years ago.
  2. Though one must suspend the likely reality to believe this, it can be rationalized by reminding people that it was then-Assistant Coach Morefield, not Drew that was labeled as the culprit.

Drew didn't just get the program in trouble with the NCAA for the Morefield/Perea situation, he was cited for "failure to monitor" the program and was even suspended for some games at the start of the Big 12 conference season. The school issued some recruiting restrictions and scholarship reductions on Drew as a result. The whole thing was about more than just Morefield's conduct.

40 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Both, told my wife I had to go down to the basement bar to do my homework. Good basketball & good beer heading into Brad Stevens IU interview weekend.

My previous theory of the case for how Stevens would end up at IU (this year or ever) would be:

He’s out in Boston for one reason or another and IU either moved a coach to upgrade OR Stevens takes some time away until the next hiring season.

I assume Chris is kidding but this is the other possibility. Make a big offer when things are okay for the Celtics, but worse than expected.

With everything people are hearing at this point, I wonder if it’s more than a 50/50 shot that he’s gone this season, or if it still isn’t even safe to say it’s that high. There definitely seems to be plenty of smoke, and the talk about replacements is pretty high. Hopefully it doesn’t end up being a situation where hopes are sky high thinking there’s for sure going to be a change, but then end up with a big letdown by him being back. That could make things even worse as far as fan support, I would think obviously. 

2 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

With everything people are hearing at this point, I wonder if it’s more than a 50/50 shot that he’s gone this season, or if it still isn’t even safe to say it’s that high. There definitely seems to be plenty of smoke, and the talk about replacements is pretty high. Hopefully it doesn’t end up being a situation where hopes are sky high thinking there’s for sure going to be a change, but then end up with a big letdown. That could make things even worse as far as fan support, I would think obviously. 

Absolutely no inside info here, but if he’s back next year it seems like it could be a tough one on the court unless some Hail Marys come out of the transfer market. That hasn’t been the recruiting forte at IU.

So then if next year is this bad or worse, you’ve lost recruiting momentum, you have a couple of classes with maybe one real long-term prospect each, presumably there’s some attrition to transfers...yes you save some, but you’d have one bad lame duck year, then a year 1 with a potentially thin roster, and you’ve made the current run of form longer and worse.

Anyway, feels like moving on now has some challenges ($) but later is worse.

8 minutes ago, lillurk said:

My previous theory of the case for how Stevens would end up at IU (this year or ever) would be:

He’s out in Boston for one reason or another and IU either moved a coach to upgrade OR Stevens takes some time away until the next hiring season.

I assume Chris is kidding but this is the other possibility. Make a big offer when things are okay for the Celtics, but worse than expected.

Offer 7 years 60 million and make him say NO. Not sure where we would get that money but let’s go.