Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

I said the same thing..he was acting like a middle schooler who wasn't getting playing time. He looks done. I think after last night I'll be shocked if he comes back next year. 

From what I understand the family has been telling everyone who will listen that he is not coming back, they know he's not an NBA guy yet but they're fine with G league or Europe. I was told last week he was thinking about opting out and starting to prepare for the NBA

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

From what I understand the family has been telling everyone who will listen that he is not coming back, they know he's not an NBA guy yet but they're fine with G league or Europe. I was told last week he was thinking about opting out and starting to prepare for the NBA

I remember going to the 2018 Seymour regional watching TJD vs. Romeo thinking "these may be the two guys that bring Indiana back". Good players but was way off on that thinking. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

I remember going to the 2018 Seymour regional watching TJD vs. Romeo thinking "these may be the two guys that bring Indiana back". Good players but was way off on that thinking. 

yeah I remember watching that regional online and thinking we were going to be so damn good. god I know nothing haha

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

WE LOST 40 MILLION THIS YEAR

But we didn't finish negative.  There's money there and it has been discussed many times that the buyout will not cost us $10M, nor will there be much up front money to it.

Tons of boosters and people did not lose money. The buyout is not relevant when it comes to boosters. What is relevant is if they’re willing to spend it. The school is losing money. Big time boosters? Nah 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

IU has made it past the sweet 16 once in my lifetime and that was when I was 7 years old. But tell me more about how I’ve been “spoiled” by our 4 tournament appearances in the past 13 years. 

A good majority of Indiana fans are older clearly, I mean just look at Facebook. Look at the stands in Assembly Hall minus the student sections.

Yeah it stinks IU sucks right now especially for the students but change is obviously coming. Thinking we're automatically going to land a top candidate is foolish. Yes I joke about Brad Stevens everyday but it's me living my foolish dream on the internet. We all want Brad or Billy but there's just not much hope in thinking a good coach would want to come "save" Indiana Basketball. 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

But we didn't finish negative.  There's money there and it has been discussed many times that the buyout will not cost us $10M, nor will there be much up front money to it.

You are getting different information than I am. I'll leave it at that. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Fife, Lewis is most likely to come home, then add a Jim Crews, Mike Woodson, Randy Wittman type former coach to help, and round it out with Moye or Guyton. Done we're back

Just an all out assault of IU guys. You want an IU guy? HUH? HOW ABOUT ALL THE IU GUYS??!?!?! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW??? Love it. 

Hoosierfan2017 said: I would rather go through another year of ugly Archie ball than hire Dan Fife. 

I agree. It is pretty hard to get excited about hiring Dane Fife as head coach. There has to be a proven coach somewhere willing to come to IU.

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

Just an all out assault if IU guys. You want an IU guy? HUH? HOW ABOUT ALL THE IU GUYS??!?!?! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW??? Love it. 

And when that doesn’t work?

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We are the pickiest bunch of fans I've ever seen. I don't want the current coach, I don't want that guy, I will never support IU again if they hire that coach. My goodness

What do you expect Chris? We're tired. If we spend our money on the product, shouldn't we be able to be upset when the product stinks? Shouldn't we reasonably be able to state our dissatisfaction and pull our support, without being ridiculed? We get it. You like Dane Fife. Well half of us don't and for good reason. He should be coaching UNC Asheville.. Not Indiana. Not until he's proven. If the university wants to save money then keep Archie Miller. If no proven coach wants this job, then give us transparency, so we can all adjust our expectations accordingly. Its completely reasonable for some of us to be frustrated with the prospect of hiring Dane Fife. I can't think of anything that would signal the proverbial waving of the white flag more, than hiring Dane Fife, at this juncture. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Swing for the fences, offer Brad 7 million a year. Well, the athletic department is down lots of money, buyout, then pay someone that much. Going to be hard to get trustees, President, and anyone else to agree to that.

Hope they realize that Stevens would bring in boat loads of money.  Several multiples of the $7 mil he costs.  

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Plus we stand to gain a lot of money if our football program is legit. There’s much more money to be made in college football than college basketball, and we might finally be tapping into that. Memorial Stadium will be packed next fall if it’s allowed. 

IU basketball is a top 5 most valuable program in the entire country. It’ll be a lot easier to make up $40 million then it will be to make up for another bad hire. Our program is very valuable, but you have to invest in it if you want it to stay that way. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I would rather go through another year of ugly Archie ball than hire Dan Fife. 

In my head, Dane Fife is not one of my top 3-5 guys for the job. That being said, I'm learning to let things play out. I don't get excited anymore about a recruit committing. I made a comment earlier about going to the Seymour Regional in 2018 thinking TJD and Romeo would be the guys that lead us back. I was dead wrong there. I wasn't excited at all about Armann Franklin. I think he could be an All-American/NBA Draft Pick in a year or two. 

The same thing should apply to coaches. Archie Miller was a top 3-4 guy for the job in my head. I didn't want Fife back then. That being said, I want things to play out. I'm starting to think maybe an Indiana guy deserves the job. Look at Michigan and Purdue. I don't think Howard/Painter would be this good at other universities. Fife was awfully young when he took over IPFW. I think that hurt him because many will think he can't be a head coach. 

Chris007: I know talk has been about who we will get to replace and realistic options, but was wondering what percentage you’d put on it that Archie is indeed gone after this season? Thanks 

50-50

•  

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

In my head, Dane Fife is not one of my top 3-5 guys for the job. That being said, I'm learning to let things play out. I don't get excited anymore about a recruit committing. I made a comment earlier about going to the Seymour Regional in 2018 thinking TJD and Romeo would be the guys that lead us back. I was dead wrong there. I wasn't excited at all about Armann Franklin. I think he could be an All-American/NBA Draft Pick in a year or two. 

The same thing should apply to coaches. Archie Miller was a top 3-4 guy for the job in my head. I didn't want Fife back then. That being said, I want things to play out. I'm starting to think maybe an Indiana guy deserves the job. Look at Michigan and Purdue. I don't think Howard/Painter would be this good at other universities. Fife was awfully young when he took over IPFW. I think that hurt him because many will think he can't be a head coach. 

If an IU guy is to get the job, then it would need to be Alford. I dont want him at all based off of his coaching ability and his track record as a human being, but he would give us the best chance to win, out of all the Indiana guys."