Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Since the Brad Steven thread is locked, I'm going to leave this here.  I think we may now have a better understanding of what may have led to Steven's apparent "decision change" during the negotiations when he supposedly when back to the Celtics to "tell them he was leaving".

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31552637/boston-celtics-president-danny-ainge-step-brad-stevens-moving-front-office

EDIT:  Sorry, I didn't think to look in the College basketball thread for this.  

1 hour ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Since the Brad Steven thread is locked, I'm going to leave this here.  I think we may now have a better understanding of what may have led to Steven's apparent "decision change" during the negotiations when he supposedly when back to the Celtics to "tell them he was leaving".

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31552637/boston-celtics-president-danny-ainge-step-brad-stevens-moving-front-office

EDIT:  Sorry, I didn't think to look in the College basketball thread for this.  

Yep. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went to them to say he was unhappy and going to IU. They probably entered into negotiations and settled on this role. 

Amazing. 

Just now, str8baller said:

Yep. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went to them to say he was unhappy and going to IU. They probably entered into negotiations and settled on this role. 

Amazing. 

Want to add it would explain why IU thought he was coming... because Stevens did too. He probably never thought they’d offer him Ainges job

On 3/3/2021 at 8:15 PM, NashvilleHoosier said:

I brought up Danny Hurley several days ago. I don't remember getting any reaction so I assumed everyone was at most just "meh". I probably am as well but he's intriguing to me. Solid run at Rhode Island. With Bouknight, they look like they could be dangerous in March in year 3 at UConn, year 1 in the Big East. 

I’m that guy who digs this up but doesn’t remember that he wasn’t entirely sold himself but is still here to try a weird flex of some sort. 

4 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Don't understand that.  Was very mediocre at Fresno St and abysmal at UTEP.  They can do a lot better.

Something to be said for making chicken salad out of the chicken poop that Beard dumped on his plate this year though.

They have the money to pay him to go away whenever they want if he doesn’t work out too. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Something to be said for making chicken salad out of the chicken poop that Beard dumped on his plate this year though.

I think the main takeaway will be that no matter how much of a scumbag Beard is he can build FF quality teams in the basketball wastelands of Texas.  I’d expect him to land on his feet at a major program soon. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

I’m guessing at Ole Miss

That was my best guess too. They’re no stranger to controversy. And with the SEC firmly entrenched in Texas, his natural recruiting ground should dovetail nicely with another conference school. 

13 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I think the main takeaway will be that no matter how much of a scumbag Beard is he can build FF quality teams in the basketball wastelands of Texas.  I’d expect him to land on his feet at a major program soon. 

Ole Miss hired him two weeks ago.