Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

23 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Frankly, no, I don’t think he would. If you think the Indiana name resonates with kids born between 2003-2005, then you’re wrong. It doesn’t. Nba experience and one of the B1G’s best coaches in the last quarter century does though. 

edit: I’d be ecstatic for Lewis to join the staff and potentially replace Woody down the road. Love Lewis. Just think this gets the train rolling faster. 

I think cheaney for recruits and Lewis for associate HC would be fantastic. Or instead of cheaney, zeke. Just dont let him coach that much lol

8 minutes ago, jonz44 said:

I'm not saying Woodson isn't a good coach but what do you think makes him a good coach? I don't follow the NBA at all anymore. Haven't really in 10-15 years. All I know of Woodson is that he was a great player at IU. Don't really know anything about his coaching style or personality. 

He improved the Hawks each year he was coach and too them to the playoffs. He’s the last Knicks coach to get them to the playoffs. I’m not saying he’s Phil Jackson. But you don’t spend that long in the NBA if you aren’t a good coach.

16 minutes ago, wirenuts said:

I think cheaney for recruits and Lewis for associate HC would be fantastic. Or instead of cheaney, zeke. Just dont let him coach that much lol

I'm good with another IU guy on the bench but I don't think the entire bench should be made up of IU guys.  I definitely would like to see Hunter retained because of his recruiting connections to the east coast.  A  number of our outstanding offers under Archie were a result of Hunter's connections.

52 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

A guy with NO NCAA coaching or recruiting history and a mediocre NBA coaching record that would not get ANY look if he wasn't an "IU guy" is not a better choice than the field. Period. Gimme Lewis. Gimme that D-2 guy... No freaking way. 

Pull over, your slow lane is over there. :92:

FYI, you may still get Lewis or a Fife on staff. Let it play out. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm good with another IU guy on the bench but I don't think the entire bench should be made up of IU guys.  I definitely would like to see Hunter retained because of his recruiting connections to the east coast.  A  number of our outstanding offers under Archie were a result of Hunter's connections.

Honestly forgot about Hunter. He should stay and would definitely help on recruiting side

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No. Everyone from before needs to move on. 

Hunter only came in at the end. But I'm certainly not opposed to letting Hunter go if you get somebody better at recruiting to replace him. He just seems like he has plenty of influence on the east coast, which definitely cant hurt

3 hours ago, Feathery said:

Pull over, your slow lane is over there. :92:

FYI, you may still get Lewis or a Fife on staff. Let it play out. 

Better than moser 10 fold

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Dakich makes substantially more money doing what he’s doing. I know it’s a joke, but I figured I’d chime in anyway.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Did he get a raise?  Last I knew he only made $200k for both his radio and tv gig.  Or do we pay our assistants that poorly?  I truly don’t know but it’s going to be important with Woody. 

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Did he get a raise?  Last I knew he only made $200k for both his radio and tv gig.  Or do we pay our assistants that poorly?  I truly don’t know but it’s going to be important with Woody. 

He makes enough money to live in the nicest place in Indy on Geist Reservoir

Loved Calbert as a player but we don’t need an ambassador but a grinder on the recruiting side and someone willing to put in time for player development. Not sure Cal even wants to live in Bloomington

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He makes enough money to live in the nicest place in Indy on Geist Reservoir

Is this similar to saying a woman working at McDonalds is the hottest girl working at that particular McDonalds?  It’s a home on a reservoir in Indiana man lol.  I have no idea why my statement responding to what Wayne said led you here, but I am moving on.

11 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

So I have heard it in a few places now, but does anyone have the scoop on the potential that Archie didn't even want the job at IU when he was hired?

Bozich and his dad said that on Assembly Call. It sure looked like it but I'm not sure I buy it. IF it's true, that is on Fred Glass for not doing his due diligence.