Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

So the NBA offense plus IU ties plus “clean hands” rules the day.

Extremely curious to see how this works. Knicks fans are sad to see him leave. They love the guy (not that that means anything).

If Muss can flame out of the NBA and find success in college maybe Woodson can.

Without breaking down their individual teams we’re talking a 43% NBA winning percentage (Muss) vs. a 46% NBA winning percentage (Woodson). 

The great news is we’ll find out about his ability to recruit IMMEDIATELY with the transfer portal.

While the farthest thing from the splash I was hoping for, I’m cautiously optimistic. 

It has worked for Muss and all his used car salesman antics. Why can’t it work for Woodson???

7 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

IU immediately fired Archie and has been waiting until the tourney is over to announce Michael Lewis is the next coach? 

This is the complete opposite of the "Brad Stevens is coming!'" theory.  Both are delusional, but on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Brad is reaching for the stars, the other is being resigned to sleep in your own vomit. 

I was wrong, it wasn't delusional Dolson is delusional. He basically hired an old Michael Lewis.  Pathetic. All the talk about "Dolson gets it" was wrong, he is a doofus that hired an old NBA asst that has with no college experience because he played at IU a long time ago. 

Meanwhile....ah forget it. I don't have the energy to even complain about this retardation. 

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

Better than a midmajor or assistant IMO. 

A guy with NO NCAA coaching or recruiting history and a mediocre NBA coaching record that would not get ANY look if he wasn't an "IU guy" is not a better choice than the field. Period. Gimme Lewis. Gimme that D-2 guy... No freaking way. 

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

A guy with NO NCAA coaching or recruiting history and a mediocre NBA coaching record that would not get ANY look if he wasn't an "IU guy" is not a better choice than the field. Period. Gimme Lewis. Gimme that D-2 guy... No freaking way. 

Michael Lewis over Woodson and Matta? You realize we need to recruit good players too, right? 

1 hour ago, Moye > Boozer said:

So the NBA offense plus IU ties plus “clean hands” rules the day.

Of course he has "clean hands"... he's never been in or around a college program since 1980. Zero relevant experience and zero confidence in him.

5 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Michael Lewis over Woodson and Matta? You realize we need to recruit good players too, right? 

Did you read the part about NO recruiting experience?

You think Lewis couldn't recruit to IU? Have you EVER heard him talk? Dude is on fire about IU and what it ought to be. 

I am not a "sky is falling" kind of guy, but the freaking sky is falling in Bloomington.

8 hours ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

No coach is leaving a good situation for a job that right now is a lateral move. Those schools have money too. I'm starting to feel Mike Lewis once UCLA loses. That way Dolson can say we were waiting on him all along. I believe the reports of Matta and Holtman have some truth which means there's no grand plan and Dolson is having associates cold call coaches hoping someone says yes. I have always been ok with Fife, but am starting to warm up to Lewis big time given his expertise of running a good offense. 

my point about Oats (& by extension Muss) was exactly that: both schools could've matched any IU offer, so it would've taken some other factor(s) to persuade them to make the move to Bloomington

5 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

You think Lewis couldn't recruit to IU? Have you EVER heard him talk? Dude is on fire about IU and what it ought to be. 

Frankly, no, I don’t think he would. If you think the Indiana name resonates with kids born between 2003-2005, then you’re wrong. It doesn’t. Nba experience and one of the B1G’s best coaches in the last quarter century does though. 

edit: I’d be ecstatic for Lewis to join the staff and potentially replace Woody down the road. Love Lewis. Just think this gets the train rolling faster. 

1 hour ago, Papacap said:

Another positive is that Woodson is a good coach and could win a lot of games at IU.

I'm not saying Woodson isn't a good coach but what do you think makes him a good coach? I don't follow the NBA at all anymore. Haven't really in 10-15 years. All I know of Woodson is that he was a great player at IU. Don't really know anything about his coaching style or personality. 

1 hour ago, mookied39 said:

Nope, if true, it is exactly believable.  What about this program makes you expect ANYTHING BETTER than this?  Nothing, that is what.   

GO HOOSIERS!!

Indeed. Welcome to LaughingStock U.