Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

You can respect what Bobby accomplished here and not worship him. I fall squarely in that camp. I'm sure I'm considered woke by people who get far too uptight about what they consider to be woke. But not worshiping Bobby doesn't make one holier than thou. 

Not going to debate semantics. I'm not  talking about folks that respect him. I'm talking about the folks who feign faux outrage, and want to discard a million good deeds and accomplishments due to a few mistakes.

9 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Pure speculation and rumor o heard from someone today. Not sure I believe it, but how would we feel with Belein and Fife as the waiting position.

Again I don’t know if I believe that but I would love that scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate the ‘coach in waiting’ idea but I’d be happy with Beilein and Fife as an assistant. 

25 minutes ago, Varsity Villas 253 said:

You’re missing the obvious. If we had kept Archie all of the players would have been in the transfer portal.  Not to keep their options open...but to jump ship never to return.  We would be unable to land any other transfers, so we would have a team of walk-ons.  This would be similar to Crean’s first year but the difference is its Archie’s lame duck year.  It would have been a colossal failure.  Archie had to go now at all costs!

All of that could still happen if we make a bad hire right now. And we’d be stuck with that guy for four years instead of one. There are few people who I think would be ‘bad’ hires. Mainly, Cheaney and Moser. If we fired Archie Miller just to hire Porter Moser then we made a giant mistake. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I hate the ‘coach in waiting’ idea but I’d be happy with Beilein and Fife as an assistant. 

Same. I have know idea what conversations Dolson has had with Beilein and while he might not be my first choice, the dude can flat out coach. If we add Fife (or Lewis) as an assistant, that would be very cool.

15 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Pure speculation and rumor o heard from someone today. Not sure I believe it, but how would we feel with Belein and Fife as the waiting position.

This would be a great option

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Fair enough, but I’m not sure it is true that a team that is playing would want to  announce a departure.

Also, if Stevens was in play for awhile that would have delayed everything.

I guess if your theory is true, we’re getting Drew, Musselman, Oats, Enfield, Altman, or Moser, because no one else would fit your theory.

I think the problem lies in that I doubt any of these candidates would bring it up with an AD while on a tournament run. I think you let your agent work things out, then after the season ends for you, you either announce your departure or take the offer to your current AD to secure a raise.

So , any deal could go south before it is actually announced and then SD could be on to option #3+.

Funny thing is Mike Davis did stump for a raise, complaining about his pay at a tourney presser just a year after being given the job. I thought it was in very poor taste, but it worked out for him, as he shortly after showed how bad of a coach he really was, but had already locked himself in for 4 more yrs.

18 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

woooooo boy, this one is loaded. And yeah, not for the general coach news thread. A debate that inevitably ends in agreeing to disagree. Back to the coaching news!

yup. i have no desire to debate the woke. 

you can have the participation trophy lol. 

Things are quiet. I’m confident Brad and Thad are out. Beyond that, I’m really not sure where things stand now.  Going to try to squeeze for some info today, but not hopeful I’ll get anything new. 

What does everyone think of Andy Enfield? 

1 minute ago, Nonymouse said:

Things are quiet. I’m confident Brad and Thad are out. Beyond that, I’m really not sure where things stand now.  Going to try to squeeze for some info today, but not hopeful I’ll get anything new. 

I would take about anyone over Moser

Be cool with it. Obviously I'd prefer a different former Hoosier as the heir apparent but I could think of a lot worse scenarios

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

He checks the hot-wife box.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I completely disagree. If you’re firing him it’s because you have a better candidate coming in. You don’t pay $10 million to make a lateral hire. It’s 1 more year of bad play versus potentially 4 (or more). 

How so? They are going to hire someone with the idea and intent that he is better than the worst coach at IU in 50 years, not a high bar to surpass. What makes picking a guy next year any better than this year? The only difference is saving a donor $7M, which they felt was better spent on buying  Miller out than seeing another year of CAM basketball.

Oh, and I would like to sincerely thank that Donor.

1 minute ago, Nonymouse said:

Honestly, there are a few guys I hope we don't hire, there are a whole bunch I am unsure of, and there is a couple where I am fully on board.

Enfield would be in the unsure category.  Whoever gets picked I am going to have one of three feelings about the pick before moving on to "let's get to it then Coach X."  The 3 reactions are going to be "ugh...not sure about that one", "ok...interesting, we have something to work with here", and "heck yes, great hire, no complaints from me".  Ultimately though, all 3 of those reactions are going to end with "let's see what you got".