Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Southside said:

That would offend some of the folks that believe he's evil incarnate. 

When he was hired, I want real big on him because his offense is unimaginative. But he can recruit (heh), his teams play defense and they play real hard. 

At this point, we’re likely to hire a worse coach anyways. Might as well give him his old parking spot back and an unlimited cell phone plan with a 812 area code. :107:

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought two hours ago they said Moser was a done deal

Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

We're schizophrenic.

And we are, too.

No one knows anything... and all of these "lock"s, "sure thing"s and "done deal"s are nothing more that speculation and click bait. We will know when Dolson tells us. Yeah, it makes us anxious, and it makes us crazy... but all we can do is trust Dolson to not screw it up.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

One game won’t make a difference. That said I don’t see it. He doesn’t fit.

It’s just one game of course, but it was a game in which his team reminded us all of the IU team we spent all year watching. 33% from the field and 22% from 3. Brings back too many shades of Archie ball, imo. 

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

When he was hired, I want real big on him because his offense is unimaginative. But he can recruit (heh), his teams play defense and they play real hard. 

At this point, we’re likely to hire a worse coach anyways. Might as well give him his old parking spot back and an unlimited cell phone plan with a 812 area code. :107:

Wouldn't really bother me. The holier than thou crowd is another story.

He got another chance, and succeeding. I'd pay for the cell phone lol

9 minutes ago, Southside said:

That would offend some of the folks that believe he's evil incarnate. 

He's not? Texter. Phone caller. Drug dealer enabler. Pimp enabler. Some of his players were THUGS in the true sense of the word, and the kids did not attend class... what a great guy to be charged with developing young men to be productive members of society.

4 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

He's not? Texter. Phone caller. Drug dealer enabler. Pimp enabler. Some of his players were THUGS in the true sense of the word, and the kids did not attend class... what a great guy to be charged with developing young men to be productive members of society.

You’ve hit the big issue with his time at IU. I didn’t follow him at Oklahoma and do not now. So the question is: is that how he normally operates or was he cutting corners to try and get IU “back” immediately. A couple of those guys were juco transfers. 

It seems funny to think about now, but there was a real sense of urgency back then. The last few years of Knight weren’t great and Davis seemed like an unmitigated disaster at the end. It’d been about a decade since Indiana was a real tourney threat and we expect Sampson to return us to glory...like yesterday!

Funny (as in sad) to think back to those days now. 

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

God should have struck him down for all those impermissible texts and calls.

tumblr_mk0jw7pBJY1rj8v6zo1_400.gifv

Just now, str8baller said:

You’ve hit the big issue with his time at IU. I didn’t follow him at Oklahoma and do not now. So the question is: is that how he normally operates or was he cutting corners to try and get IU “back” immediately. A couple of those guys were juco transfers. 

It seems funny to think about now, but there was a real sense of urgency back then. The last few years of Knight weren’t great and Davis seemed like an unmitigated disaster at the end. It’d been about a decade since Indiana was a real tourney threat and we expect Sampson to return us to glory...like yesterday!

Funny (as in sad) to think back to those days now. 

I have no idea... I didn't follow him at Oklahoma (or before) either... I know he took his team to the FF in 2002.. we beat them to get a shot at Maryland... 

3 minutes ago, Southside said:

God should have struck him down for all those impermissible texts and calls.

The texts and calls were wrong (e.g., rules violations)... but can you seriously tell me that you're ok with the rest of it?

If I have a vote, Sampson will NEVER be welcome at IU again. But, alas, I don't really have a voice in the matter...

Agreed with the above.
It's called character. If it's ok to cheat in one aspect of your life-say as a coach or player to "get what you want" that to me makes it awful damn easy to do it in other aspects-  to a girlfriend, a wife, etc.  Though RMK had character flaws, the fact that he abhorred cheating and held kids to higher standards showed he was a teacher first. He cared about the kid's future. I was watching his Hall of Fame acceptance speech last night and he said the thing that made him proudest as a coach was the kind of people his former players-many in leadership roles- turned out to be. As a teacher, that's what you want.  Call me naive, old-fashioned, whatever.
Many fans IMO are most concerned with "bragging rights"- our school is better than your school, etc. I have been a fan since the early 80's and like many on here, I long for a return to glory. And perhaps, Crean operated in the gray area; but to my knowledge that has never come out. For me,  if IU has to "play the game" to be like Kentucky; then I will find something else to do with my winter afternoons/evenings.
For the glory...
Thisgiphy.gif?cid=349c9dd73w95frghizjvz9u8m171eoqy9hk3shq39qxmedfq&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The coaches still in the tourney are why I am not worried a bit about this search. I'm going to continue to anchor on the idea that Dolson was being completely transparent in his press conference. That means we are targeting candidates that will move the program moving into the future and be attractive to recruits. With this in mind, 3 of your best candidates are still coaching. Take a hard run at each of Drew, Musselman, and Oats and take the first one that bites. Any of them would be successful in my opinion.

Edited by FightFor6