Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Has he been linked to any other job?  If not, then why not wait while you try to land a younger guy who will have the success he had before leaving Michigan 

I saw him mentioned in an article mentioning Marquette and Minnesota. Both those programs have coaches now. 

He'll probably be mentioned for the Texas job as well, especially if Beard says no. He's a big enough name that he'll be mentioned in any large opening. 

Unless reps for Drew and Musselman have already told IU no, I don't see how IU moves forward until they interview either or both of them. My personal opinion is they are the two most realistic choices. Musselman brings a shot of energy this program desperately needs and kids are going to love to play for him. I understand why Drew may not be the most popular option but he is probably the best choice. He is the guy you bring in to be here for twenty years. I think he would turn the program around quickly, compete for big10 titles, go to the tourney every year and possibly win a national championship. And Drew is probably a guy you don't have to worry about making a jump to the NBA.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

The buyout was to get rid of Archie before the boosters, game revenue, and general fan interest cratered.

May not be as much to do with the hire is as you think.

Agreed. They kind of have to be treated as separate decisions even though they’re connected. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

The buyout was to get rid of Archie before the boosters, game revenue, and general fan interest cratered.

May not be as much to do with the hire is as you think.

That’s part of the thinking. Once I found out who the booster was I started to realize there may not have been insurances to guarantee great hire...

Just now, MikeRoberts said:

Is that confirmed? That goes against everything he has said 

Not confirmed, but Im quite solid on what I’ve heard.