Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This comparison makes absolutely no sense, lol.  

Here’s a better comparison: Every other kid in the class got the answers to the test beforehand. You’re graded on a curve in this class. The teacher knows everyone else is cheating and let’s them get away with it. Do you take a look at the answer sheet too? I would. 

Good example!

I was a marketing major in college and we all had to take two mathematics courses (algebra and calculus) taught by a professor in the mathematics department. 

The professor knew we weren't mathematics majors and knew the class was really hard. Every single time we had a test the professor would literally leave the room for 15-20 minutes and go sit in his office. 

During that time we all worked together, shared our answers, etc. Was it cheating? Yes. Did the professor at minimum not care and at maximum even support it? Absolutely. 

Not a single person ever got in trouble. 

Should I have sat there and not participated with the rest of my classmates and failed the class, while they all passed? 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Rather fail with integrity than pass by cheating.  Also why not just do your job and study for the test instead of taking the easy way out.

In that scenario, like basketball, it’s all relative. Good is good, but compared to great, you end up at the bottom

Rather fail with integrity than pass by cheating.  Also why not just do your job and study for the test instead of taking the easy way out.
I'm not arguing moral fortitude with you man I'm just saying this is the reality whether you agree with it, like it or vice versa it doesn't matter because it's the cold hard truth. I respect your stance but that stance in college athletics gets you mediocre results or worse more often than not. I'm done derailing things

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, finky said:

I would think after Ohio St threatened murder on their start player after they lost, they would have landed in the number one spot...just sayin.....

I'm really puzzled that the UVA fanbase made Goodman's list. I thought a big part of that job's attraction to Bennett was its lack of a "crazy fanbase/fishbowl" environment?

I don’t want IU to have some kind of advantage over other teams. I don’t want us playing in the gray area because I want a leg up. I want us playing in the gray area because I want IU competing on a level playing field. In 21st century college basketball, that’s what you have to do to compete on a level playing field in the Power Five.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because your grade doesn’t just depend on how well you study and perform. It depends on how well you study and perform compared to the rest of the class. The rest of the class knows the answers going into the exam. You’re putting yourself at a steep disadvantage that almost no amount of studying can make up for. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

In that scenario, like basketball, it’s all relative. Good is good, but compared to great, you end up at the bottom

Yep. That is what integrity is all about... it's about doing what is right (following the rules) when no one knows or is watching or will ever find out.

2 hours ago, Moye > Boozer said:

Respectfully disagree. Two days ago who had Shaka leaving “the great job” at basketball powerhouse Texas (sarcasm) for Marquette. 

I’m not saying it’s a high chance but I def don’t think it’s zero on Muss or Oats.

lots of people had Smart getting fired, so it's no major surprise he got out of town first, especially once Marquette let Wojo go

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Do you speed?  There is a bunch of space between going 5 to 10 over the speed limit and doing 120 on the freeway drunk and high.  One of those things the cops don't even blink.  The other lands you in jail.  I want to do 5 to 10 over.

Do I speed? Not any more. I used to, but I found out that if I don't, I still get where I am going.

The difference between 5 MPH over the limit and 120MPH is to allow for calibration issues with your speedometer... I know that to the speeder it's a free pass, but that was never the intent.

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If Drew would come then we would be absolute fools to not offer him. There shouldn’t be a “hatchet” to bury in the first place. HMP came to IU and was a constant screw up. He didn’t take being an IU basketball player seriously. He cared more about partying and hooking up with girls than he did basketball. He got a DUI at 5 in the morning two days before we played Purdue. He was a bad influence on our other players, and he eventually got kicked off the team for drug offenses. He did enough to hurt IU basketball when he was here. We can’t refuse to consider Drew because of a dirty recruiting threat by one of his assistant coaches a decade ago.

w/ Drew it's about more than just the HMP situation

which may or may not matter to Dolson, I have no idea; but there's more to the story than just the Morefield/Perea angle

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t want IU to have some kind of advantage over other teams. I don’t want us playing in the gray area because I want a leg up. I want us playing in the gray area because I want IU competing on a level playing field. In 21st century college basketball, that’s what you have to do to compete on a level playing field in the Power Five.

Great way of putting it, and I'm 100% comfortable with that. 

2 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

w/ Dreew it's about more than just the HMP situation

which may or may not matter to Dolson, I have no idea; but there's more to the story than just the Morefield/Perea angle

I see a lot of people say this, but they never say WHAT else happened. 

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Good example!

I was a marketing major in college and we all had to take two mathematics courses (algebra and calculus) taught by a professor in the mathematics department. 

The professor knew we weren't mathematics majors and knew the class was really hard. Every single time we had a test the professor would literally leave the room for 15-20 minutes and go sit in his office. 

During that time we all worked together, shared our answers, etc. Was it cheating? Yes. Did the professor at minimum not care and at maximum even support it? Absolutely. 

Not a single person ever got in trouble. 

Should I have sat there and not participated with the rest of my classmates and failed the class, while they all passed? 

In college at IU I had to take one - 1 - mathematics class for my major. I took Finite Mathematics because it had the word “finite” in it. 
This has nothing to do with recruiting or basketball, but you made me remember it lol. :)