Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Somebody will hire Moser away from Loyola after this year.  He's certainly outgrown Loyola

Yeah. Incredible how they play D. All of them move their feet like Aaron Craft. 

Offensive flow is not bad but they don’t seem to have any threat from outside today. 

I think at this point its safe to say we have no idea what Dolson has in mind. I read several boards and all the " insiders" have different info. Dolson is definitely being tight lipped on this one. Guess we may not find out any real info till he is ready for it to come out. I commend him on this. Now hopefully I can give him the same props with the decision he makes for our new coach. Ill give whoever he hires the chance. 

8 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I don’t see how anyone is really out at this point. Guys that could have been hired but have not are still very much in play but may be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th option.  

That’s possible too. I’d just be a little upset if our coach has been available all along and we waited two weeks. This is the year you need a guy in place by final four weekend. I’ll wait for Stevens but I find it hard to believe they wait until June. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Your worldview completely ignores the realities of big-time college basketball in the 21st century. More power to ya if you’re fine with IU being a bad basketball program, but I’m not. We don’t let our coaches recruit in the gray area. But then we also don’t hire good coaches because good coaches recruit in the gray area. So, we hire inferior coaches, handicap their recruiting, and then expect them to compete for conference and national championships. It’s comical, really. The holier than thou attitude is what has gotten us 4 tournament appearances in the past 13 seasons. 

Winning and not blatantly cheating are not mutually exclusive.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Your worldview completely ignores the realities of big-time college basketball in the 21st century. More power to ya if you’re fine with IU being a bad basketball program, but I’m not. We don’t let our coaches recruit in the gray area. But then we also don’t hire good coaches because good coaches recruit in the gray area. So, we hire inferior coaches, handicap their recruiting, and then expect them to compete for conference and national championships. It’s comical, really. The holier than thou attitude is what has gotten us 4 tournament appearances in the past 13 seasons. 

I get it that you haven't seen what a great IU team looks like but there is no way bringing in known cheaters will ever work at IU.  Also I rather be UVA, Villanova and UW than Duke, KU or UK

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If that is the reality, then IU should get rid of Basketball.  

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is your point because that team never got in trouble  or put on probation or vacate wins

I hate to break it to you, but there’s a high probability that that teams wasn’t squeaky clean.  Do you think that the McDonalds All American from New York, who Crean happened to magically land when he was on the hot seat, came here cleanly? 

And before Crean landed Thomas Bryant, he had a man by the name of Kenny Johnson as his head recruiter. The same Kenny Johnson who got in trouble for his actions at Louisville. IU happened to land Noah Vonleh, another McDonalds All American from the east coast, when Kenny was our lead recruiter. 

IU doesn’t want their coaches to play in the gray area, but I would bet that Crean did more of it than you’d think.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I get it that you haven't seen what a great IU team looks like but there is no way bringing in known cheaters will ever work at IU.  Also I rather be UVA, Villanova and UW than Duke, KU or UK

I was in middle school when Indiana fired Sampson so I was upset at first but I understand now. Most of those guys were losers. Kind of hard to root for a team like that even if they are so good. I get the grey area however. I just don’t think it’s a good idea to bring in a known cheater who has guys constantly in trouble. But it sounds like Indiana preciously wanted a completely clean program. That’s just not how it is now. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

I was in middle school when Indiana fired Sampson so I was upset at first but I understand now. Most of those guys were losers. Kind of hard to root for a team like that even if they are so good. I get the grey area however. I just don’t think it’s a good idea to bring in a known cheater who has guys constantly in trouble. But it sounds like Indiana preciously wanted a completely clean program. That’s just not how it is now. 

After watching that team you needed to take a shower to clean off the scum.  It had nothing to do with phone calls but that Sampson never cared about what the players were doing off the court.  We had drug abusers who had to be suspended throughout the year and found out later a guy was being a pimp

Just now, BGleas said:

In 2021 if you're running a program that wins at a consistently high level, I just assume you're either cheating (if we can even call it that anymore since the NCAA doesn't care and there are no consequences) or heavily in the gray area. And yes, that includes Villanova, UVA, MSU, etc. 

MSU is almost certainly in the grey by getting Emoni Bates. Villanova has been getting 5 stars recently. Just don’t blatantly cheat like Will Wade and I’m fine with doing what other schools do. It’s naive thinking we’ll win at the level we want putting ourselves at such a disadvantage. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

I am so embarrassed by some of this so called IU fan base who would ever think for one moment IU should blatantly cheat just to win more games.

I don't think anyone would want IU to "blatantly" cheat. But rather if you want to win and win big consistently nowadays you might have to operate in a gray area ala UK, KU, Duke, UNC (don't tell me any of them are clean - they aren't). 

This is unfortunately the reality - like it or not. That's why we all want Brad, right? He wins AND he's squeaky clean. 

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

How is the gray area “blatantly cheating”? If our own compliance department is handicapping our coach from recruiting on an even playing field, we have no chance of being anything better than an average big ten program. 

So what is the definition of a gray area.  You are either cheating or you are not/  You can't be slightly pregnant.