Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

That’s a different and larger conversation and one I’m willing to have. There is probably a thread on it, I’ll look. I’m just telling you IU has made that decision. 

I would’ve been more surprised if they hadn’t made that decision, honestly. Sorry if it seemed like I was being harsh toward you, IU just really frustrates me sometimes. 

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm really sick of the Moser crap. He's doesn't deserve an interview or any interest from IU. I'd rather have Cheaney who is a complete mystery than someone we know will fail. 

No one knows whether he would succeed. You’re just patently pacist. Which is unsurprising for a fast food item, I suppose.

Moser is a gamble with a mixed track record, but his recent success is very impressive. He’s not a sure thing by any means, but I would rather gamble on someone with significant head coaching experience who has had the opportunity to learn from his failures and demonstrate growth and success, than someone who has never experienced either.

1 hour ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I'm confident that Drew will come if offered.  Are you guys ready to bury the hatchet regarding HMP or should we bring in Lewis or Woodson?  Those very well could be the only options.

I could care the f less about HMP.  

Saw a good process of elimination post from earlier and I thought I'd give a crack at it:

OUT

Beard- Would've heard chatter by now and I think he's going to Texas.

Beilein- Would've been hired by now but I think he could be the fallback guy. 

Cheaney- Would've been hire by now. Think it was a courtesy interview. 

Fife-Would've been hired by now.

Matta-Would've been hired by now.

Woodson-Would've been hired by now. Think it was a courtesy interview. 

In-Play

Atlman- Supposedly his reps are interested. His teams had some bad off court issues and I’m afraid that’s a no no for our administration. 

Lewis- Still coaching but he is an assistant. Doesn't make sense. 

Moser- Peegs mods are in love with him. Just doesn't make sense like Lewis. Style doesn't match up with Dolson. Also doubt he was at the top of his list before the tournament. 

Musselman- Team is still playing. Plus he plays the style that Dolson talked about. 

Stevens- Still a long shot but he is technically not available right now. I do believe our guy Chris. He's by no means saying it'll happen, but his people give it a shot. 

???- Someone nobody is talking about. Could it be Oats? 

My "hot board"

1. Musselman

2. ????

3. Stevens

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Of course I’m mad at IU. Other programs consistently cheat their butts off and reap the rewards of it. We do things the “right” way, miss the tournament more often than we make it, and regularly get clowned by the media. IU would rather consider a guy who has made 2 tournaments in 17 seasons than the guy who has his 1 seed in the sweet 16 and has interest in the job. It’s a joke. IU makes it loud and clear that a good basketball program isn’t its top priority, which is frustrating as hell to me. All I want is for IU to be a great program again, but the administration refuses to let it happen.

I never want IU to win at any cost and rather lose every game than cheat.  It is a sad day for me to see any IU fan that would be alright with cheating if it means a championship/

16 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

This Loyola defense is super impressive. They have every action OR ST is throwing at them. 

Their footwork and movement as a group is so good. They are forcing these long possessions but maintaining cohesion except for the 1 baseline miscommunication. I know it bugs some folks, but that’s really good coaching. 

14 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Saw a good process of elimination post from earlier and I thought I'd give a crack at it:

OUT

Beard- Would've heard chatter by now and I think he's going to Texas.

Beilein- Would've been hired by now but I think he could be the fallback guy. 

Cheaney- Would've been hire by now. Think it was a courtesy interview. 

Fife-Would've been hired by now.

Matta-Would've been hired by now.

Woodson-Would've been hired by now. Think it was a courtesy interview. 

In-Play

Atlman- Supposedly his reps are interested. His teams had some bad off court issues and I’m afraid that’s a no no for our administration. 

Lewis- Still coaching but he is an assistant. Doesn't make sense. 

Moser- Peegs mods are in love with him. Just doesn't make sense like Lewis. Style doesn't match up with Dolson. Also doubt he was at the top of his list before the tournament. 

Musselman- Team is still playing. Plus he plays the style that Dolson talked about. 

Stevens- Still a long shot but he is technically not available right now. I do believe our guy Chris. He's by no means saying it'll happen, but his people give it a shot. 

???- Someone nobody is talking about. Could it be Oats? 

My "hot board"

1. Musselman

2. ????

3. Stevens

Assuming Stevens and Beard are out, I would hope it’s Muss followed by Beilein as a bridge/band-aid.  Even 5-7 years of Beilein - you know it’s a good 5-7 years.  Maybe, just maybe Moser - but just seems too risky given the fragile state of the program now. Need as close to a guarantee as possible (I realize there’s always a risk). 

I still don’t think the $10mm was raised just to get Stevens. I think Dolson realized the program was in neutral and the offense was not attracting recruits nationally - and ultimately the tipping point was the free agency off-season - any new coach can accelerate any rebuild by August.  

Sure there may have been some mutual interest from Stevens and nobody expected Texas to lose first round - but Muss is solid and Beilien wouldn’t be a horrible last resort. 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I never want IU to win at any cost and rather lose every game than cheat.  It is a sad day for me to see any IU fan that would be alright with cheating if it means a championship/

Did you root for the 2016 IU conference champion and sweet 16 team?

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Of course I’m mad at IU. Other programs consistently cheat their butts off and reap the rewards of it. We do things the “right” way, miss the tournament more often than we make it, and regularly get clowned by the media. IU would rather consider a guy who has made 2 tournaments in 17 seasons than the guy who has his 1 seed in the sweet 16 and has interest in the job. It’s a joke. IU makes it loud and clear that a good basketball program isn’t its top priority, which is frustrating as hell to me. All I want is for IU to be a great program again, but the administration refuses to let it happen.

I am so happy that IU would rather lose and do things the right way, than cheat and win.  If the only way IU can have a good basketball team is to hire a coach that is going to cheat and live and in the Grey area; I hope they disband basketball all together,  The University is much bigger than any sports program.  Do it right or don't do it at all.  

6 minutes ago, 12345Brad said:

Assuming Stevens and Beard are out, I would hope it’s Muss followed by Beilein as a bridge/band-aid.  Even 5-7 years of Beilein - you know it’s a good 5-7 years.  Maybe, just maybe Moser - but just seems too risky given the fragile state of the program now. Need as close to a guarantee as possible (I realize there’s always a risk). 

I still don’t think the $10mm was raised just to get Stevens. I think Dolson realized the program was in neutral and the offense was not attracting recruits nationally - and ultimately the tipping point was the free agency off-season - any new coach can accelerate any rebuild by August.  

Sure there may have been some mutual interest from Stevens and nobody expected Texas to lose first round - but Muss is solid and Beilien wouldn’t be a horrible last resort. 

Muss plays the transfer market and I think that’s the newest trend in college basketball. 
I’m not 100% against Moser, just 75%. This just screams Archie with a better personality. They play defense but their offense is built around one player I feel. Just not sure he’s the move.