Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

34 minutes ago, Moye > Boozer said:

Respectfully disagree. Two days ago who had Shaka leaving “the great job” at basketball powerhouse Texas (sarcasm) for Marquette. 

I’m not saying it’s a high chance but I def don’t think it’s zero on Muss or Oats.

To be fair to Texas, Marquette and Shaka... Shaka didn't leave anything... he was fired and sent packing... there's the tell-tale difference.

23 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I'm confident that Drew will come if offered.  Are you guys ready to bury the hatchet regarding HMP or should we bring in Lewis or Woodson?  Those very well could be the only options.

It's not HMP that is the issue for me... it's the dirt... no thanks... just because "everyone else is doing it"... have we become that impetuous team that wants to do what his friends are doing regardless of the safety or wisdom of such an action?

25 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I'm confident that Drew will come if offered.  Are you guys ready to bury the hatchet regarding HMP or should we bring in Lewis or Woodson?  Those very well could be the only options.

You don't get to stay a blue-blood without a little of that blood on your hands.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

With all due respect.....Race is probably our third most attractive player in the portal.  No way he is #3 overall.

Based off potential maybe, but actual results, he is #2 behind Franklin.

Ben McCollum's season will be over here in about 20 mins.  With a Div. II title to boot.  
Dude has straight built a power house in Div 2. 3 national titles. People would hate the hire but go look at what he's done

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Of course I’m mad at IU. Other programs consistently cheat their butts off and reap the rewards of it. We do things the “right” way, miss the tournament more often than we make it, and regularly get clowned by the media. IU would rather consider a guy who has made 2 tournaments in 17 seasons than the guy who has his 1 seed in the sweet 16 and has interest in the job. It’s a joke. IU makes it loud and clear that a good basketball program isn’t its top priority, which is frustrating as hell to me. All I want is for IU to be a great program again, but the administration refuses to let it happen.

That’s a different and larger conversation and one I’m willing to have. There is probably a thread on it, I’ll look. I’m just telling you IU has made that decision. 

I think we need to hire somebody this weekend. We don’t want programs to convince our players to leave and the more time they have the better of a chance they have to do it. As of right now this is who I believe will come back. 

Lander- Will come back.                                          
TJD- Will come back.                                         
Armaan- Will come back 
Geromino- Is not coming back 
Race- 50/50
Parker- I hope he comes back since he has been through so much and he is a great shooter so hopefully the new coach convinces him so I think 50/50 
Al- Not coming back 
So no "homerun" hire?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Another rumor for the rumor mill....my wife works in a large (class 6A) Indiana high school, and the folks in the athletic department there believe the hire will be Beilein with Calbert as the coach-in-waiting.  They have heard Beilein will coach 3 years and then turn the reins over to Calbert.  I asked her who they heard this from and she has no idea.  It kind of makes sense if they're considering Beilein, but I don't know....maybe they know something, maybe they don't.  
I'd be fine with it, although I don't believe they would tell Bielien only 3 years

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Of course I’m mad at IU. Other programs consistently cheat their butts off and reap the rewards of it. We do things the “right” way, miss the tournament more often than we make it, and regularly get clowned by the media. IU would rather consider a guy who has made 2 tournaments in 17 seasons than the guy who has his 1 seed in the sweet 16 and has interest in the job. It’s a joke. IU makes it loud and clear that a good basketball program isn’t its top priority, which is frustrating as hell to me. All I want is for IU to be a great program again, but the administration refuses to let it happen.

We don’t know who is being considered by Dolson. Everything we’ve heard has been pure speculation.