Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Has the peegs stevens 12pm 3/27 said anything today lol

We should know shortly... T-minus 30 and counting...

(Not expecting anything, but you never know...)

51 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

If Holtmann manufactured this rumor for purposes of engineering an extension from OSU, why would he leak that he'd turned it down and intended to stay in Columbus? You'd want to leave open the possibility that you might leave, to increase your leverage.

He’s not negotiating right now and likely doesn’t actually expect a new deal right now. He was making sure it was known that he is a desirable coach and defraying attention from his disappointing tournament performance. It’s a long game about perception.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

YES, I BELIEVE!!

what is it I’m supposed to believe again?

I believe we can hire a coach who is as successful as was Crean and doesn't wear out all those who work with him. Crean did win 2 Big Ten titles. IU will be in the tourney next season with the current players on the team. Hire Fife and end this circus instead of waiting for Oats and others to turn you down. 

50 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Is this because we shamed his hiking shoes and mom jeans combo at the tourney?!

I would think after Ohio St threatened murder on their start player after they lost, they would have landed in the number one spot...just sayin.....

1 minute ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

I believe we can hire a coach who is as successful as was Crean and doesn't wear out all those who work with him. Crean did win 2 Big Ten titles. IU will be in the tourney next season with the current players on the team. Hire Fife and end this circus instead of waiting for Oats and others to turn you down. 

Hiring Fife just prolongs the circus bud. He’s not the guy for this job. 

3 hours ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Another rumor for the rumor mill....my wife works in a large (class 6A) Indiana high school, and the folks in the athletic department there believe the hire will be Beilein with Calbert as the coach-in-waiting.  They have heard Beilein will coach 3 years and then turn the reins over to Calbert.  I asked her who they heard this from and she has no idea.  It kind of makes sense if they're considering Beilein, but I don't know....maybe they know something, maybe they don't.  

If that was the case, it would be done.  Scott is waiting for the top candidates to finish the tourney.  In the meantime, he's just messing with us.  

6 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I had enough of Fife back when he (along with some others) threatened to leave if IU did not hire the coach of their choice after Knight was fired. I would have gladly helped him pack and get his self-entitled butt out of town.

9 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

The problem is the guys most think "are the guy for this job" are not coming to IU. Oats and Musselman have better situations now. No way they leave those for a rebuilding program. Zero percent. So who will take the Indiana job that has the most upside? It's either Fife or Lewis. Porter Moser has a worse tourney record than Archie and runs the same slow down offense. Fife already recruits in the Big Ten and will take over our conference's best program when Izzo retires. Michigan St fans seem to think he's head coaching material.

Just now, Shivan said:

I'm an NC State fan. We really wanted Archie in 2017 so thanks for taking that bullet for us. I'm here to see how this coaching search plays out for you.

We have a history of being crapped on by Goodman and Doyel. We know how it feels to be one coach away from being relevant again but the national media loves to push a narrative against you. Regarding Keatts, I think he's doing fine. We've been .500 or above in conference for his first four years.

Welcome friend!

Thanks for joining the board 

10 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

The problem is the guys most think "are the guy for this job" are not coming to IU. Oats and Musselman have better situations now. No way they leave those for a rebuilding program. Zero percent. So who will take the Indiana job that has the most upside? It's either Fife or Lewis. Porter Moser has a worse tourney record than Archie and runs the same slow down offense. Fife already recruits in the Big Ten and will take over our conference's best program when Izzo retires. Michigan St fans seem to think he's head coaching material.

We’re only a rebuilding program if we make an underwhelming hire. With transfer free agency this year, a good coach like Musselman or Oats would be able to make us a tournament caliber team from day one. Almost a quarter of D1 players are in the transfer portal right now.

9 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

With all due respect to everyone else but no one knows a damn thing about who is coming or who isn’t. 

We don’t know that Fife takes over at MSU either. I would like to see the guy lead his own program and have success. That’s not asking too much. At this point in time, all of his success has come riding the coattails of an all time great. Talented players commit to MSU bc of Izzo... not Fife. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We’re only a rebuilding program if we make an underwhelming hire. With transfer free agency this year, a good coach like Musselman or Oats would be able to make us a tournament caliber team from day one. Almost a quarter of D1 players are in the transfer portal right now.

Totally agree. Also coach K would make us a tournament caliber team on day one. Same percentage of him coming to IU as those guys. Coaches don't leave good situations for a lateral job move. It's hard to find happiness in that profession. There is enough talent on this team to go to the dance next season as long we don't let them all leave while waiting for moonshots that will never happen. Hire Fife right now and end this circus. 

3 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Totally agree. Also coach K would make us a tournament caliber team on day one. Same percentage of him coming to IU as those guys. Coaches don't leave good situations for a lateral job move. It's hard to find happiness in that profession. There is enough talent on this team to go to the dance next season as long we don't let them all leave while waiting for moonshots that will never happen. Hire Fife right now and end this circus. 

Hire Fife and all our players leave because why would they stick around and take a chance on a coach with zero P5 head coaching experience when they have established programs calling them and offering them a spot? Why play for Izzo’s assistant when they could just go play for Izzy himself? If Fife wasn’t an IU alum no one here would even be considering hiring him.