Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

12 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The new rumor in the peegs chat is that it’ll be a combination of Woodie and Thibs that get the IU job if it goes the way Woodson wants.

Well we will find out tomorrow at noon if the fortune teller is right...

13 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The new rumor in the peegs chat is that it’ll be a combination of Woodie and Thibs that get the IU job if it goes the way Woodson wants.

It might just be the alcohol but this rumor doesn’t make any sense lol. 

52 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

But he already said at the presser that we wouldn’t hear from him until an announcement. He is sticking to his guns.

Doesn't matter, some of this crap is making IU look really bad.  But I see that he did a few posts later.  

53 minutes ago, Papacap said:

The problem with that is, if he comments on one rumor, then he needs to comment on all. Otherwise, people will say....this one must be true because Dolson didn’t deny it.

I think Dolson saying jack squat, while maddening, is the right approach.

He doesn't have to say it directly, but let the media know it's BS.  Like he did a few posts later.  

57 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Again stealing Brumdogs' comments, "made a run" is not some dude contacting his agent to see if there is any interest in talking.  The media is playing many of you.   

Doyle's follow up tweet may have been the worst tweet of all time when he said "It's not just good authority.  I am authority."

Dude thinks he's Judge Dredd.

I Am The Law GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I am sad that everyone is getting so agitated about a columnist literally saying “a third party to the second party told me that the intermediary of a first party might have reached out to see if there was interest but nothing happened and it’s HUGE NEWS!!!”

I’m not complaining about the rumors or their implication. Just reading comprehension. It’s all there in the text. This stuff is being sourced fourth hand.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

That makes no sense to me. Thibs is the head coach of the Knicks, he’s not leaving to come to Indiana when he has no connection here at all. 

Mike Woodson wants the job but I have no clue why Thibs would even remotely consider coming here.

41 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

That makes no sense to me. Thibs is the head coach of the Knicks, he’s not leaving to come to Indiana when he has no connection here at all. 

Mike Woodson wants the job but I have no clue why Thibs would even remotely consider coming here.

Makes zero sense, I agree. 

5 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

He doesn't have to say it directly, but let the media know it's BS.  Like he did a few posts later.  

When the Thad Matta stuff leaked, IU sure did a good job of reaching out to reporters to try and control the story. Guess you just can’t refute all the rumors. 

7 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Oats is a longshot at best.  

Maybe but you really have no idea that's true. What if we threw 7 mil to his agent and he said wait on us. 

8 minutes ago, Iubravos said:

Maybe but you really have no idea that's true. What if we threw 7 mil to his agent and he said wait on us. 

Still makes it a long shot.  Bama can match the money and his agent knows that.  Right now Oats is on fire.

6 hours ago, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

I am sad that everyone is getting so agitated about a columnist literally saying “a third party to the second party told me that the intermediary of a first party might have reached out to see if there was interest but nothing happened and it’s HUGE NEWS!!!”

I’m not complaining about the rumors or their implication. Just reading comprehension. It’s all there in the text. This stuff is being sourced fourth hand.

Kinda like this

9 minutes ago, Iubravos said:

Maybe. But what I’m confident is true is Öats’ agent taking that offer to  Greg Byrne and Byrne saying, “yeah, no problem.” The only reason for Öats to leave there for IU is if he believes his chance of winning NC’s is significantly better. And in today’s environment that’s just not the case.

23 minutes ago, Demo said:

Maybe. But what I’m confident is true is Öats’ agent taking that offer to  Greg Byrne and Byrne saying, “yeah, no problem.” The only reason for Öats to leave there for IU is if he believes his chance of winning NC’s is significantly better. And in today’s environment that’s just not the case.

True. Alabama is a better job than Indiana right now. Unfortunately that may be the case for lots of coaches IU is waiting for. Why would anyone leave Alabama or Arkansas for Indiana? Most guys don't leave good situations unless they are moving up. If we don't take Dane Fife he's going to crush us at Michigan State when he takes over for Izzo. End this now. Hand the keys to Fife and let's see what he can do.