Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

IU and our fanbase is getting absolutely trashed by the national media. I’m having a hard time finding a precedent for any program at any point in time. What the **** do they really have against IU? It is pretty clear that these people have an axe to grind. I really hope that some coach stands up for us all and gives us the ability to shove it right up these dorks *****. 

maybe someone should contact Sage Steele and ask her to give ESPN some "pushback" about the IU fanbase

47 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

So you don't want a "homerun hire"?

MYbe people should quit believing every little rumor

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Do people really believe Jay Wright is entertaining coming to IU? I'm not sure what is silly fun and what is absurdity anymore. 

28 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

Not sure exactly, but I do know from my dad that they took a shot at Wooden and Tarkanian (at Woodens reference). 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2021/03/26/indiana-basketball-looking-back-when-bob-knight-hired-iu-hoosiers-history/6996601002/

here is a good article that’s not straight from a posters mouth, but gives good insight. 

appreciated

5 hours ago, hoosrnight said:

The Matta news was bs, and Goodman keeps throwing names out there that we supposedly want and they don’t want us. I truly don’t think anyone but Dolson and maybe the people that ponied up the money have any idea who they are after and talking to. It’s not even been 2 weeks yet, chill out and let Dolson do his job!

Dolson needs to refute some of these rumors then.  If he didn't reach out to Holtman, he should say so -- something like "It's professional courtesy, I am not interested in poaching another Big10 rival's head coach."  Letting it sit out their makes it look bad or makes it true.  

5 hours ago, thehelgo said:

Things are most certainly not going according to plan at this point. Time to call Lewis and load him up with a top notch staff.

With three or 4 target coaches still playing how can you say that?  He can't talk to any of the "good" ones yet, so give it time.  But Scott should quash the rumors if they are BS.  

I'm honestly feeling better and better about this search. Agree with others that the longer it goes (to a point) the better.

We're either getting a big fish or we're getting Beilein with Lewis on the bench. Either is win win to me. I could give an absolute **** what the national media or Goodman have to say. 

We will be back!

7 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Dolson needs to refute some of these rumors then.  If he didn't reach out to Holtman, he should say so -- something like "It's professional courtesy, I am not interested in poaching another Big10 rival's head coach."  Letting it sit out their makes it look bad or makes it true.  

Does it really matter if we hire Oats?

2 minutes ago, Papacap said:

Yeah, maybe I’m just getting too old, but I don’t give a rat’s @$$ what the media says. Whoever we hire, the proof will be in the results going forward, not what the media thinks.

Outstanding first post Papacap.

Don’t be a stranger.

Regarding Holt, I don’t see any shame for IU fans if IU threw an offer at a great coach who’s got a great job and he said  no. I don’t doubt what Doyel is saying. I also don’t know why there’s a negative reaction to it about it from anyone. Can’t get a guy to leave a top 10 job? So what? Holtmann isn’t leaving that job for anywhere (except maybe UK - unfortunately that’s his dream job). 

As for Rab? He’s got a lot of incentive to spin for IU, and if you paid close attention to what he tweeted, he wasn’t even contradicting Doyel, but he sure wanted it to seem that way.

Edited by Nonymouse

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The new rumor in the peegs chat is that it’ll be a combination of Woodie and Thibs that get the IU job if it goes the way Woodson wants.

I mean at some point somebody has to be right. I would let it play out cause at the moment nobody has a clue. Just like Stevens was a done deal. I won't believe anything until it's official. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I think Lewis would be a great choice if we’re going the Indiana guy route. That video of him yelling at RMK is all I need to see. emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As is the follow up of them sitting together with the white board.