Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

25 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Is anyone surprised at names being tossed around at this point? 

Peegs said it was just being discussed within the last 48 hours around the industry so who knows where that came from for sure. 

As for why Jay Wright may consider leaving. It would be a new challenge and some coaches like to find ways to challenge themselves. Not all but some.

Also, he may eventually get tired of the Big East. 

Some people may just want a fresh start.  Still, I'd have a very hard time believing this.  He seems similar to Mark Few in that he'll never leave the small school that made him famous.

Would agree on Fife, but there is something about Lewis that just clicks in my mind. Lewis is tough. Lewis is smart. Lewis has grown and learned at every stop. He has an edge to him - it's not a chip on his shoulder, per se... but he has a passion for basketball - INDIANA basketball... I think he could build a staff that would help where the gaps in his armor are... and I honestly think that he would be successful here. Fife may have some of that, but I've never heard him express it in interviews the way Lewis has recently.
If I'm in a war, I want Lewis in the foxhole with me.
You can join on the Lewis short bus. Plenty of seats available. I have came to the conclusion that he is the guy I want

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

Also, he may eventually get tired of the Big East. 

Some people may just want a fresh start.  Still, I'd have a very hard time believing this.  He seems similar to Mark Few in that he'll never leave the small school that made him famous.

Can’t imagine him leaving unless the pandemic has caused issues in his athletic department. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I dislike Doyel the way most of you all dislike Dakich.  For the record, I like Dakich. For the record, I’d like to kick Doyel in the shin.  

He’s insufferable, like most in the national media. It’s just a real life showing of the Revenge of The Nerds. I wish I could line each one of them up, give them an embarrassing amount of buckets, then tell them to never argue with us about basketball again. 99% of IU’s fans have forgotten more about basketball than they’ll ever know. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Can’t imagine him leaving unless the pandemic has caused issues in his athletic department. 

There's also the whole issue of him knocking up a college girl at VU and paying for her abortion.

I feel you. That said, most everyone I know has been fairly quiet as Louisville and Kentucky are dealing with their own issues. 

From Kentuckiana area myself and used to not love the amount of UofL and UK fans around... now I’m just surrounded by Purdue fans in Indy and I’m pretty sure it’s actually worse.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Perhaps a new name to chew on for the board (my apologies if I missed it somewhere)

Joe Pasternack- Former IU manager- 88-33 in 4 years as HC at UC Santa Barbara

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/pascoe/calls-between-ex-wildcats-assistant-joe-pasternacks-cell-phone-and-agent-cited-in-fbi-probe/article_8cc25a98-a47b-11e7-9f56-a7f5565d084d.html

You can join on the Lewis short bus. Plenty of seats available. I have came to the conclusion that he is the guy I want

He should get an interview if only for that legendary in bounds pass. I would swing for the fences and if you don’t find someone then you have Lewis, Fife or possibly Woody as interesting alternatives

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Already got my seat... been here for a while...

19 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

If not Stevens or Oats sign me up. I’ll drive the dang bus. Think he is the one being overlooked and one we could be kicking ourselves for not getting 5 years from now when we are looking for another coach.