Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

As I said previously, I highly doubted Goodman.  National guys don’t report based on single sources without verifying them unless they have an agenda.  Goodman used one “source” and the term “zero in”.

Goodman probably wants to be a IU fans' enemy #1. When people who crave attention don't get the desired amount of attention and love, they deliberately make people to hate him. They think of 'hate' a different kind of attention. They can't stand indifference. 

4 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

He media has hated us since Knight, I’m only 35 but I think you know what I mean by incidents, LSU fan, Puerto Rican Cop, Saying the media-- is two steps above prostitution, telling Connie Chung to lay back and enjoy (rape) if it’s inevitable etc etc. Coach Knight will be my all time favorite for a lot of reasons, some personal that were touching and kind but the national media couldn’t stand him and the way he kept winning. So now when we’ve been down most are just looking for revenge and want to shame the whole fan base because of bad jokes or past incidents and now have the ammunition. 

Saying the media is two steps above prostitution-

in a lot of respects, he wasn't wrong...

1 minute ago, PB1230 said:

Although, if Dolson wasn't the one doing the talking, then IU wasn't seriously considering Holtmann

They could also have been asking Holtman's input on a certain candidate as well.

9 minutes ago, Iubravos said:

The question is which is a better job, not who has done better in the last 15 years. We've had some horrible hires but if we can get one good one here the coach will be a legend. It's not even close to which is the better job between us and Texas and I can't believe I have to type this out. 

I went to IU in the late 80s, and grew up a huge IU fan... so I'm fully aware of the history. 

That said, honest question.... What makes IU such a great job right now? Key word, right now. Or at least stay in the last 20 years. I'd really like to hear your reasoning.

Heck, the B10 hasn't even won a title in the last 20 years.

36 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

You can shout your theories but they’re still wrong. I could’ve been swayed about Texas at this moment but Arkansas has had one good season since 1996. That’s laughable to even compare the jobs. 

Altman covered up a rape try google on that before you say his name again. 

Reality is Arkansas has been to the S16 once in the last 26 years and has made the tourney way less than IU. I guess this one ☝️ season right now according to you a better job haha that’s funny. A school who’s fired three coaches in the last 15 years until Muss so they’re no different. 

Plus your last 20 years stats are do wrong I wonder if you’ve actually watched IU recently? Crean alone went to 3 S16’s plus our 2002 run. Maybe check up on that before you just spout straight lies. 

Missed a SS and purposely ignored the FF run on 2002 because no person on earth doesn't know that was a fluke. You are acting like I am comparing IU to Rutgers or Northwestern. Again, its emotion preventing you from seeing reality. You are arguing about dusty banners, this is why Purdue fans clown us constantly. You're seriously arguing that because we went to a SS in 2016, 13 (embarrassed by a zone defense), and 2012 that makes our job better today? It has been 8 years since TC had us at #1. No one remembers that except us.  Arkansas is, by every metric a top fifteen historical basketball school, and currently is in better shape than IU. If Archie had the same record and tournament appearances in 17 and 18 as the last coach Arkansas fired, he would still be employed by IU. The numbers aren't that different. Follow along, not that I have been arguing history, but FWIW:

IU:

NCAAT-39, FF-8, EE-11, B10-22, BTT-0 most recent title: 87. 

Arkansas:

NCAAT-32, FF-6, EE-10, SEC-24, SECT-7, most recent title: 94.

Nothing about those numbers scream THIS SCHOOL IS WAY BETTER RIGHT NOW YOU ARE CRAZY FOR COMPARING THEM.

3 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

"rips them more than any fan base from comments"

IU fans maybe as*holes, but by God; they're OUR as*holes...

He said a few weeks ago they got a lot of heat from IU fans saying they were PU homers.  Those fans still thought when we were 12-14 that they should have still had IU in the bracket.

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So 2 guys who cite unidentified sources are to be accepted at full face value?  Good grief, sources could be a plumber unclogging their toilets because they're both so full of excrement.  They're both after clicks and citing "sources" is an easy way to get them because you have the perfect out when your "source" proves to be wrong.  My "source" tells me Dolson thinks Goodman and Doyel are both hacks.

Your source sounds incredibly well informed.  What else does he got?

5 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Missed a SS and purposely ignored the FF run on 2002 because no person on earth doesn't know that was a fluke. You are acting like I am comparing IU to Rutgers or Northwestern. Again, its emotion preventing you from seeing reality. You are arguing about dusty banners, this is why Purdue fans clown us constantly. You're seriously arguing that because we went to a SS in 2016, 13 (embarrassed by a zone defense), and 2012 that makes our job better today? It has been 8 years since TC had us at #1. No one remembers that except us.  Arkansas is, by every metric a top fifteen historical basketball school, and currently is in better shape than IU. If Archie had the same record and tournament appearances in 17 and 18 as the last coach Arkansas fired, he would still be employed by IU. The numbers aren't that different. Follow along, not that I have been arguing history, but FWIW:

IU:

NCAAT-39, FF-8, EE-11, B10-22, BTT-0 most recent title: 87. 

Arkansas:

NCAAT-32, FF-6, EE-10, SEC-24, SECT-7, most recent title: 94.

Nothing about those numbers scream THIS SCHOOL IS WAY BETTER RIGHT NOW YOU ARE CRAZY FOR COMPARING THEM.

Blah blah blah You comparing Arkansas to IU is laughable and doesn’t deserve a response. Any IU fan knows other than you. 

Dusty banners??? Arkansas one title ONE compared to five. And that was in 1994.

why would you ignore a final four run? Arkansas has been to the tourney less in the last 20 years also but please carry on haha 

plus Eddie Sutton was a cheater so I’m glad you embrace his success. 

Edited by Indiana8585

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He said a few weeks ago they got a lot of heat from IU fans saying they were PU homers.  Those fans still thought when we were 12-14 that they should have still had IU in the bracket.

well, there's as*hole fans and delusional fans and some are both...

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So 2 guys who cite unidentified sources are to be accepted at full face value?  Good grief, sources could be a plumber unclogging their toilets because they're both so full of excrement.  They're both after clicks and citing "sources" is an easy way to get them because you have the perfect out when your "source" proves to be wrong.  My "source" tells me Dolson thinks Goodman and Doyel are both hacks.

The more rumors that come out, the harder it is for me to believe that they’re all just fabrications. Especially when you combine them with my complete lack of faith in the IU administration. When was the last time we heard a rumor that didn’t make us want to barf? These week we’ve heard that Cheaney, Woodson, and Moser are candidates. We’ve heard that Scott Drew and Chris Beard are both interested in the job, but that Dolson isn’t interested in either of them. We’ve heard that Matta took the job but then failed his physical. And now we’ve heard that Dolson reached out to Holtmann. All while half our team entered the transfer portal. The job search looks like a circus, and Dolson is the ringleader. 

2 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Blah blah blah You comparing Arkansas to IU is laughable and doesn’t deserve a response. Any IU fan knows other than you. 

Dusty banners??? Arkansas one title ONE compared to five. And that was in 1994.

I mean if we want to get down to the current state of things.. 

Arkansas has a better arena, a better basketball practice facility, and a better team. Easier conference to win. If Mussleman wants to return to the NBA then he should stay at Arkansas. He is about to get paid big time at Arkansas. 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't say Cronin was a high caliber candidate and wouldn't have rally liked it if IU hired him.

Cronin had made 9 straight tournament appearances, and has a better resume than a lot of the names being discussed. Cronin would be something like 5th best out of the legitimate candidates people are discussing (after Oats, Beard, Muss, Drew). He might be lower than 5th on my preference list due to style of play, but he was a solid hire for UCLA, light years ahead of Moser

Edited by PB1230

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

I mean if we want to get down to the current state of things.. 

Arkansas has a better arena, a better basketball practice facility, and a better team. Easier conference to win. If Mussleman wants to return to the NBA then he should stay at Arkansas. He is about to get paid big time at Arkansas. 

One season better since 1996 and it’s a better job? Thats laughable 

sorry back on topic I won’t respond anymore. 

Edited by Indiana8585

The only thing I know for fact at this point is that dolson said on his PR that you will not hear from me until I introduce the new coach and I hope you respect that. And my goodness was he not kidding. So much random talk and rumors by message boards, local and National media, contradictory stories and reports. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk