Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

I'm guessing that IU's contact with Holtmann, Matta, Woodson, Cheaney, and any other name out there is actually pretty routine in a coaching search, but that sort of info generally goes by the wayside as soon as a coach is hired. Its been 11 days since Archie was fired, which isn't an eternity, but at also does provide enough space for those types of stories to percolate and gain traction.

36 minutes ago, Southside said:

But they've made the tournament at least 3 times in the last 5 years, vs our 1.

And they won their conf tournament this year. We've never won a conf tourney. 

Like I said, it's not crazy to debate things. We're living off history at IU. If we're simply comparing the last 5 years, TX has been better. And they've easily out recruited us since 2016, so we at minimum know the kids are buying TX over IU.

Things can turnaround quickly though. Let's just hope we land the right coach.

The question is which is a better job, not who has done better in the last 15 years. We've had some horrible hires but if we can get one good one here the coach will be a legend. It's not even close to which is the better job between us and Texas and I can't believe I have to type this out. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Ok new take no one is gonna have the slighest of who we hire til it happens cuz i wldve never guessed in a million years we even contact holtmann tbh

Why would people be shocked we are interested in Holtman?

Friends!!! We are focused on the wrong things!!!!

HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POST YOU'LL SEE ALL NIGHT (if your goal is to relax and enjoy your Friday night)

Look at Holtman's buyout. I hope the rumor is true. That means we're swimming in the deep end. Exactly where we need to be.

Do you know of anyone else who has a $12M buyout that many of us would be pretty stinking excited about???? 

If Holtman rumors are true is PROVES money is not an issue and Dolson WILL land a premium target.

Which one remains to be seen. 

PS. my apologies if this has already been posted, it's very hard to keep up!!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 6.03.15 PM.png

Just now, Moye > Boozer said:

HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POST YOU'LL SEE ALL NIGHT (if your goal is to relax and enjoy your Friday night)

Look at Holtman's buyout. I hope the rumor is true. That means we're swimming in the deep end. Exactly where we need to be.

Do you know of anyone else who has a $12M buyout that many of us would be pretty stinking excited about???? 

If Holtman rumors are true is PROVES money is not an issue and Dolson WILL land a premium target.

NATE ********* OATS?!!!!!!

IU and our fanbase is getting absolutely trashed by the national media. I’m having a hard time finding a precedent for any program at any point in time. What the **** do they really have against IU? It is pretty clear that these people have an axe to grind. I really hope that some coach stands up for us all and gives us the ability to shove it right up these dorks *****. 

10 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

$10MM comes w more expectation than getting rid of someone .

It’s hard for us peasants to comprehend, but $10MM to a billionaire is hardly noticeable.

6 minutes ago, PB1230 said:

I'm guessing that IU's contact with Holtmann, Matta, Woodson, Cheaney, and any other name out there is actually pretty routine in a coaching search, but that sort of info generally goes by the wayside as soon as a coach is hired. Its been 11 days since Archie was fired, which isn't an eternity, but at also does provide enough space for those types of stories to percolate and gain traction.

I hope this doesn't go as long as the search UCLA did last time when it went 100 days before they hired Cronin

3 minutes ago, Moye > Boozer said:

The devil is in the details 

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

IU and our fanbase is getting absolutely trashed by the national media. I’m having a hard time finding a precedent for any program at any point in time. What the **** do they really have against IU? It is pretty clear that these people have an axe to grind. I really hope that some coach stands up for us all and gives us the ability to shove it right up these dorks *****. 

They know we’re insane, and we give them clicks and retweets/comments.  That’s how they get paid.

You are barely older than me and I grew up in Indiana as a die hard fan.  The difference between the fans then and the fans now is one group was cheering for a guy that won a Championship and went to the Final Four every 4 or 5 years and the current fans are rooting for a team that goes to the tournament itself about once every 4 years.
There are stories about IU fans throwing trash at the Purdue bus on the way out of town and things like that from the past.  There is just a whole bunch more opportunity for the fan base to show its @$$ now.

I’m 32. My first memories are sitting in a basement watching the mid to late 90s teams with my dad. Guyton, Patterson etc. my favorite team of all time is the 2001-2002 team. Loved every guy on that team. Outside of that run I haven’t seen any success other than random short runs. But I cheer my @$$ off and scream at the tv every night. My best friend has 3 young boys that can tell you the name and number of every player on the team. I think the older generation (not directed at you guys have no idea how old you are, just in general) I think they under estimate how much the younger generation and future generations are just as passionate. When people say it’s Indiana Basketball, it is. It’s not Bobby Knight basketball, it’s not 5 banner basketball. It’s the state of Indiana and how much meaning the sport holds to us, and we all want it to be successful no matter what era we grew up in. We want to win, we want to be proud of the flagship program that reflects our passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk