Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also I don't think it is right to just judge things on tournament success and that is the only important thing to look at.  Everybody just looks at results when we look at coaching hires but to me the most important thing is the fit of the coach to the program.  With crean and Archie we mainly looked at how they did in the tournament and thought they were good hires.  Neither one of them really fit with this program and fan base.

IDK. "Fit" is a deep topic. A guy that wins, will typically be a fit wherever he is lol. 

I didn't really see Crean as a bad fit. I did think AM was a bad fit, but that is mostly due to his scheme.

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You are barely older than me and I grew up in Indiana as a die hard fan.  The difference between the fans then and the fans now is one group was cheering for a guy that won a Championship and went to the Final Four every 4 or 5 years and the current fans are rooting for a team that goes to the tournament itself about once every 4 years.

There are stories about IU fans throwing trash at the Purdue bus on the way out of town and things like that from the past.  There is just a whole bunch more opportunity for the fan base to show its @$$ now.

At least they weren't killing  our own then but Purdue

1 minute ago, Southside said:

The topic is, what school is more attractive. Recruiting is somewhat a product of attractiveness, so that's the point.

Ok well those recruits didn’t pan out so I’m glad we didn’t attract them. How does not winning a tourney game since 2014 make the job attractive? We can agree to disagree its better to just let the thread keep going instead of rehashing old points. Cheers to a better program! 

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So just look it as a normal job application in the real world.  Does an HR department only bring in  1 resume at a time and look at it to see if they are qualified and want to hire that one.  No they keep the job open and looks at 100's of resumes and then decide who they want to bring in for an interview.  So what is so different in a coaching search when you want to look at multiple coaches before bringing in the few for interviews.

Some one ponied up $10MM...not to sort through resumes!

14 minutes ago, Southside said:

IDK. "Fit" is a deep topic. A guy that wins, will typically be a fit wherever he is lol. 

I didn't really see Crean as a bad fit. I did think AM was a bad fit, but that is mostly due to his scheme.

Granted I was a year old when RMK was hired, but I thought I've read that IU fans weren't initially happy because they were used to the "Hurryin Hoosiers" type of ball and RMK slowed it down with his motion offense.. but when the wins came and championships won, the man was a genius according to fans- so fit is less important than success.. Just Win Baby!

44 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

By the way, my suspicion is that Dolson has reached to a whole lot of successful coaches who he believes could be a good fit, to gauge whether they'd have any IU interest. Probably through their agents/representatives.

And that's a good idea.

Which doesn’t equate “zeroing in on”. That’s just Goodman being a dick.

4 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

Some one ponied up $10MM...not to sort through resumes!

It was Cuban, and $10MM to him is like $3 to us