Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

9 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

@IU Scott what, beyond blind faith in a totally unproven AD, gives you so much confidence that things are under control and proceeding according to plan? That's certainly possible, but unless you just discount every single leak from the national media and the IU media, nothing about this process appears to be going well.

You answered your own question.  They have had us hiring 10 different guys already and yet none of that has happened.  They know NOTHING!  C'mon, they're not even making up believable lies anymore.

10 minutes ago, akumanina said:

Just saw his twitter. If the coaching search has got to this point, we need to be concerned. Isn't this sort of a violation of trust among schools in the same conference? So we got a very good women's basketball coach in Teri Moren. Can Purdue actively recruit coach Moren after the tournament?

Nope she has a 10 million dollar claws in her contract that prevents her from going to PU (OSU is welcome to put same clause in contract for Holtman if they wanted).

PU just hired Katie Gearlds a former alum and player as their new coach anyways today who was very successful, but only coached at NAIA level. Can you imagine if IU did that (and yes PU women are the equivalent of IU men as a once proud program now struggling)? 

Everyone needs to calm down and see what happens. No harm in reaching out to people and trying. I see no problem in what is happening until we see who is named.

Mariah Carey. Said it earlier this week but this board has the emotional stability of Mariah Carey. It's going to be ok folks. Candidate may or may not win the vote of public opinion. Candidate may or may not win consistently at IU. Just like none of us knows who will be hired, none of us know if the one hired will succeed or fail but I guarantee they won't fail or succeed until they actually start playing games.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, akumanina said:

Just saw his twitter. If the coaching search has got to this point, we need to be concerned. Isn't this sort of a violation of trust among schools in the same conference? So we got a very good women's basketball coach in Teri Moren. Can Purdue actively recruit coach Moren after the tournament?

It's past the point of concern, this is all we need to know about Dolson's strategy. Just randomly call people and hope someone says yes. And for me confirms the Matta news was accurate. I still think we can find a coach to get us in the tourney each year. That should not be hard at IU. Bring in Fife or Lewis and let's get going.

Just now, BannerVille said:

You answered your own question.  They have had us hiring 10 different guys already and yet none of that has happened.  They know NOTHING!  C'mon, they're not even making up believable lies anymore.

No, they've had us being rejected by Matta and Holtmann. Haven't had us hiring anyone yet.

10 minutes ago, Willkie71 said:

I don't understand why folks think that Dolson should have announced the new coach yet. I'm sure he has a list of those that are interested in the job. But if those guys are still coaching they will not be interviewing until they are eliminated. He will not make an offer until he has interviewed all the interested parties on his list.  So, it may be another week or two. I've hired many people during my career and I've learned you need to talk to all of the viable candidates before jumping on the first good candidate. I thing he's determined to make the best hire possible and will take whatever time is necessary.  All these rumors are just that. There are no real sources at this point IMO, just people throwing out theories or rumors to get clicks or attention. It's hard to wait but I think the longer it takes the better decision it will be. No way everyone will be happy for sure, but Dolson has more invested than anyone. In the interim this stuff is very entertaining if not informative, LOL. We should have fun with it, but not jump off the cliff before we really know anything, just my 2 cents from another old fart that's been following the Hoosiers since before RMK.

You also have to do your due diligence and do a thorough back ground check on his candidate as well

Just now, Alford Bailey said:

If we reached out to Holtmann the surely we reach out to Mack??

Anyone have any idea contractually what that would take? surely there is a large non compete buy out for those two (similar to the big12 beard one), interesting though.

8 minutes ago, akumanina said:

I don't understand why it would be a concerned.  It is not like he sets eyes on one person then goes to the next one when turned down.  He probably are reaching out to a lot of different coaches to gouge their interest and nothing more.  You want him just to go after one guy like Glass did and hire the first one you interview.

11 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

They haven’t won a tournament game since 2014

But they've made the tournament at least 3 times in the last 5 years, vs our 1.

And they won their conf tournament this year. We've never won a conf tourney. 

Like I said, it's not crazy to debate things. We're living off history at IU. If we're simply comparing the last 5 years, TX has been better. And they've easily out recruited us since 2016, so we at minimum know the kids are buying TX over IU.

Things can turnaround quickly though. Let's just hope we land the right coach.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You also have to do your due diligence and do a thorough back ground check on his candidate as well

Yep, and then they have to think over, discuss with the wife, negotiate, etc. Takes time. 

23 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

You don't go after Matta and Holtman if there is some deal with Stevens.

Obviously this is true, but be careful bringing rationality to the forum.

3 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

So blind faith it is, fair enough!

It's hardly blind faith. 

Dolson has been with IU athletics for over a decade. He is as well prepared for the position as anyone could possibly be.

17 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

You can shout it into space all you want, but it does not make it true. So what is your argument going to be when Beard takes Texas, Muss doesn't leave Arkansas and Altman uses us for a raise? I am not saying historically those jobs are better. I am not saying the potential doesn't exist for IU to surpass them both quickly.  I am talking about today. That they did not have the stones to take a better job like IU? Perception is reality, and the perception is we have fired 6 coaches in 20 years and made two SS, one of which we limped into backwards and got smashed with probably the best IU team in 30 years.  Want me to really salt this wound? Right now, Purdue is a better job than IU, and it isn't close-- and that is going by your own "recent history bias".

You can shout your theories but they’re still wrong. I could’ve been swayed about Texas at this moment but Arkansas has had one good season since 1996. That’s laughable to even compare the jobs. 

Altman covered up a rape try google on that before you say his name again. 

Reality is Arkansas has been to the S16 once in the last 26 years and has made the tourney way less than IU. I guess this one ☝️ season right now according to you a better job haha that’s funny. A school who’s fired three coaches in the last 15 years until Muss so they’re no different. 

Plus your last 20 years stats are do wrong I wonder if you’ve actually watched IU recently? Crean alone went to 3 S16’s plus our 2002 run. Maybe check up on that before you just spout straight lies. 

Edited by Indiana8585

Just now, Nonymouse said:

Obviously this is true, but be careful bringing rationality to the forum.

I don't think there's anyone on this board that actually thinks Stevens is the next coach.  It's a harmless what if that's more fun than trying to figure out how long before the next failed coach needs fired.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Here you go again. What’s the point of insulting IU fans and, by proxy, the posters on this site?

because it is true and feel we as fans are part of the reason IU basketball isn't what it use to be.  I just see more and more fans who probably had no clue about IU basketball before they attended IU.  I just don't think those fans totally understand what IU basketball is all about or what it takes to win at IU.  Today people  just have knee jerk reactions and don't actually think things through before speaking.  these media guys know how we are and they probably are having a lot of fun at our expense seeing the meltdown here.