Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

8 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Texas will not go through the embarrassment that Dolson is putting IU through right now. It's a better basketball program without question. 

By what measure? I’ve been as pessimistic as most lately and even I can’t deny that IU is a better job/program than Texas. There is zero metric in which they are a better program. This season is about as peak Texas basketball as it gets. 

Just now, IU Prof said:

@IU Scott what, beyond blind faith in a totally unproven AD, gives you so much confidence that things are under control and proceeding according to plan? That's certainly possible, but unless you just discount every single leak from the national media and the IU media, nothing about this process appears to be going well.

Things are most certainly not going according to plan at this point. Time to call Lewis and load him up with a top notch staff.

I don't understand why folks think that Dolson should have announced the new coach yet. I'm sure he has a list of those that are interested in the job. But if those guys are still coaching they will not be interviewing until they are eliminated. He will not make an offer until he has interviewed all the interested parties on his list.  So, it may be another week or two. I've hired many people during my career and I've learned you need to talk to all of the viable candidates before jumping on the first good candidate. I thing he's determined to make the best hire possible and will take whatever time is necessary.  All these rumors are just that. There are no real sources at this point IMO, just people throwing out theories or rumors to get clicks or attention. It's hard to wait but I think the longer it takes the better decision it will be. No way everyone will be happy for sure, but Dolson has more invested than anyone. In the interim this stuff is very entertaining if not informative, LOL. We should have fun with it, but not jump off the cliff before we really know anything, just my 2 cents from another old fart that's been following the Hoosiers since before RMK.

10 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Rabby has confirmed the Goodman report re Holtmann.

Just saw his twitter. If the coaching search has got to this point, we need to be concerned. Isn't this sort of a violation of trust among schools in the same conference? So we got a very good women's basketball coach in Teri Moren. Can Purdue actively recruit coach Moren after the tournament?

7 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Well I stopped reading after you said Arkansas is a better job that’s funny. First sweet 16 since 1996 and it’s better?? Hahaha 

Well as a fourth generation IU alum I can tell you I’ve been plenty of places around the world fir work and prime see IU and say basketball and when they see Texas it’s football. 

You can shout it into space all you want, but it does not make it true. So what is your argument going to be when Beard takes Texas, Muss doesn't leave Arkansas and Altman uses us for a raise? I am not saying historically those jobs are better. I am not saying the potential doesn't exist for IU to surpass them both quickly.  I am talking about today. That they did not have the stones to take a better job like IU? Perception is reality, and the perception is we have fired 6 coaches in 20 years and made two SS, one of which we limped into backwards and got smashed with probably the best IU team in 30 years.  Want me to really salt this wound? Right now, Purdue is a better job than IU, and it isn't close-- and that is going by your own "recent history bias".

9 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

.@IU Scott what, beyond blind faith in a totally unproven AD, gives you so much confidence that things are under control and proceeding according to plan? That's certainly possible, but unless you just discount every single leak from the national media and the IU media, nothing about this process appears to be going well.

because most of the things we hear is not true.  I just get frustrated with this fan base because it is not wat it use to be.  I just can't believe how dumb about basketball this fan base has gotten over the last few  years

In his column Doyel made it clear that it wasn't Dolson who reached out to Holtmann. I found that very interesting. No idea whether Dolson is actually using a proxy to reach out (wouldn't be shocked), but even so I'm not sure a proxy phone call should be considered high interest.

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 5.13.48 PM.png

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

because most of the things we hear is not true.  I just get frustrated with this fan base because it is not wat it use to be.  I just can't believe how dumb about basketball this fan base has gotten over the last few  years

Here you go again. What’s the point of insulting IU fans and, by proxy, the posters on this site?