Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, Iubravos said:

Katz just did on Gottlieb show that he thinks Texas is a better job than IU.  Haha come on bro

Media guys would tell you that ITT Tech is a better job.  

texas probably is right now though. 

Just now, OKHOOSIER said:

It is right now. IU has the higher ceiling, but right now they are even at best.

How? They can’t fill their arena when they’re ranked and it’s never ever going to come close to football. We’ve had more recent tourney success and we haven’t even made it in 5 years. 

Just now, Iubravos said:

Katz just did on Gottlieb show that he thinks Texas is a better job than IU.  Haha come on bro

CBS article was arguing that Marquette is a better job.  Texas has a ton of money and a little less scrutiny.  The basketball program is a distraction.

Indiana's leadership screwed the pooch with this program.  College coaches are informed through the grapevine and from reading the same stuff we do.  How do you think Sampson, Crean, and Miller talk about their time hear?  We already know what the media is saying about us.  

If we end up with an "Indiana guy" or some other WTF hire, that should tell you how this job is viewed.  It is criminal what has been done to ruin this brand since Knight was let go.

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

My grandpa and dads motto:
15 minutes early is on time
On time is late
And late is unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad had a similar way of saying it.

If you're early, you're on time.

If you're on time, you're late.

If you're late, you're fired.

3 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

It is right now. IU has the higher ceiling, but right now they are even at best.

Can you head over to the Mussleman thread and explain to people that he isn’t a real option!

Arkansas is a basketball school with money!

Just now, Indiana8585 said:

How? They can’t fill their arena when they’re ranked and it’s never ever going to come close to football. We’ve had more recent tourney success and we haven’t even made it in 5 years. 

Theyve been to the tournament like 19 out of the last 21 years. FF, couple EE. Crean's two SS being the only real outlier of "recent tourney success"

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

CBS article was arguing that Marquette is a better job.  Texas has a ton of money and a little less scrutiny.  The basketball program is a distraction.

Indiana's leadership screwed the pooch with this program.  College coaches are informed through the grapevine and from reading the same stuff we do.  How do you think Sampson, Crean, and Miller talk about their time hear?  We already know what the media is saying about us.  

If we end up with an "Indiana guy" or some other WTF hire, that should tell you how this job is viewed.  It is criminal what has been done to ruin this brand since Knight was let go.

Well who cares about Miller ffs he’s the worst IU coach in a century and as a student at the time Sampson cheated yes it was a dumb rule and dumb to turn in but he clearly cheated when he was on probation so I don’t get why other coaches would listen to him anyway. 

Just now, Treesh said:

Can you head over to the Mussleman thread and explain to people that he isn’t a real option!

Arkansas is a basketball school with money!

I have tried. No one wants to hear reality. Which I understand. Arkansas doesn't scream basketball, until you actually go there. I imagine it is how most people under 40 view our job.

Just now, Iubravos said:

Dude I'm not even going to going over this. That's like saying IU football is better job than UT football. Just stop 

Right now today it is. But that is a different sport, thread all together

Just now, OKHOOSIER said:

Theyve been to the tournament like 19 out of the last 21 years. FF, couple EE. Crean's two SS being the only real outlier of "recent tourney success"

In the last 21 years the same amount of final fours and the success was under Barnes who they fired. So again how is it a better job? When did they last win a tournament game? 

3 hours ago, Treesh said:

Also heard about another potential coach who Scott was interested in.. I'll have to double check on that. Very unusual place. Be back in a few hours, gotta run some errands! 

Now that you are back, do you care to enlighten us?