Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

I know they can afford it but wouldn't TX have to pay TT a massive buyout for Beard?
I was listening to ESPNU earlier. One of the hosts was going off about teams in the Conference or the Conference itself( just missed that part) not being ok with transfers going to other teams in the Conference, but are ok when coaches do it. It was interesting to say the least

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just now, Iubravos said:

He wouldn't be in my top 30 coaches I'd be interested in. He would be a strike out looking. 

Agreed, there is nothing about his offense that says NBA to me, or getting players to the league or whatever Dolson said in his press conference

Moser is a prisoner of the moment type situation.  Everyone is impressed with their 2 wins in the tournament, especially how they dismantled Illinois.  If it is last year when they lost as the 1 seed in their conf tournament no one is even mentioning his name for the IU job.    I don't think Dolson is going to be impressed by such a guy.  

Just now, TadQueasy said:

Moser is a prisoner of the moment type situation.  Everyone is impressed with their 2 wins in the tournament, especially how they dismantled Illinois.  If it is last year when they lost as the 1 seed in their conf tournament no one is even mentioning his name for the IU job.    I don't think Dolson is going to be impressed by such a guy.  

Pass...

This is exactly how I feel. There have been literally zero good rumors coming out about our coaching search in the past week. Everything that we've heard has been depressing. Either the rumors are all fake, or we're in bad shape. 

And 99.999999% of those tweets/have been proven wrong. Yet people are still taking them as the truth. There is no reason to get too excited or too depressed based on them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Moser would be incredibly on-brand for IU, though. If I was a betting man he is who I would bet on. It makes too much sense.

it might also garner some uncharacteristic praise from the "anti-IU" sports media, which could matter to some folks in IU Admin

9 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

I agree and hope he is not the choice. It’s crazy how some  guys suddenly become really “hot” after winning one or two tourney games. 

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

I don't know if the Oats buyout is a big deal or not. There is a large donor committed to paying "transition costs" which seems to me might include buyout costs of the new coach. If it's not that, then what would be the large costs of transitioning that would require a donor? Dolson didn't say salary costs so it doesn't sound like this donor is helping pay the next coach above the level IU is willing to pay. So it seems like it would be a buyout that the donor is willing to pay.

largely  agree; IMO the issue w/ Oats wouldn't be the buyout (or even any potential salary offer that Bama could match). I just get the feeling Oats doesn't want to leave Bama...yet.

That might change if UNC or Kentucky came calling, but for IU these days...tougher sell. Maybe Oats needs to have a heart-to-heart talk w/ his fellow Maranatha Baptist grad, Coach Tom Allen.

1 hour ago, Iubravos said:

Moser has made the tournament 2 out of 17 times? Did I hear that correctly? No thank you on that.  

Yes, but the first time he went to the final 4 and the second is the sweet 16 and still playing.  Better than most of these 1 and done guys, including the Big 10 coaches.