Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

The longer the coach search and the more IU loses, the more fodder a naysayer like Dakich has to vilify.

Doesn't matter who is selected...DD will be saying something...nay...lots negative and controversial.

That is the nature of media beast today.

Only one way to deal with the hate and discontent.  Turn. It. Off.

I don't know if the Oats buyout is a big deal or not. There is a large donor committed to paying "transition costs" which seems to me might include buyout costs of the new coach. If it's not that, then what would be the large costs of transitioning that would require a donor? Dolson didn't say salary costs so it doesn't sound like this donor is helping pay the next coach above the level IU is willing to pay. So it seems like it would be a buyout that the donor is willing to pay.

11 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

Dakich probably thinks it’s going to be Stevens or an IU guy so it makes sense why he’s giddy about the thing. 

The only way Dakich knows anything for sure would be if Dakich himself is "the guy"... and we all know that ain't happening...

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This was a legit question lol I don't listen to that idiot. 

He very much wants an IU guy.  He would take Brad Stevens but any other coach should be from IU in his opinion.

1 hour ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Before when Archie was hired Fred Glass came out publicly and said that they would look at former IU players and people who were connected to the program and then he didn't. Dakich has said that its rubbed former players et al  and those connected in the wrong way. So I assume he's happy because Dolson is actually seeking feedback from prior IU guys, not because we are about to hire alford.

I’m all for having IU guys part of the program but Dan goes on and on and on about former players being rubbed the wrong way etc. When UK hired Cal do you think the AD was trembling  in fear wondering what former players like Jack Givens or Kyle Macy thought about the hire?  Will UNC call in Sean May and James Worthy to get their advice/approval for Roy’s replacement  hire? 
I appreciate the former players hard work,  what they did for the program and would like them to be fully embraced by the program (and vice versa) but with all due respect they should not be in the hiring process and I don’t think a guy that played before the current kids were born somehow inspires young players  (unless it is a Michael Jordan/Magic Johnson kind of guy). 
Our team “sleep-walked” through more than one game over the last 4 years and  seeing Todd Jadlow at practice, as an example, would not have changed that.

16 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I don't know if the Oats buyout is a big deal or not. There is a large donor committed to paying "transition costs" which seems to me might include buyout costs of the new coach. If it's not that, then what would be the large costs of transitioning that would require a donor? Dolson didn't say salary costs so it doesn't sound like this donor is helping pay the next coach above the level IU is willing to pay. So it seems like it would be a buyout that the donor is willing to pay.

I believe Dolson said that McRobbie wanted to make sure IU wasn't going to be paying extra for the new coach.  I took that to mean that the donor would be paying a potential buyout and a raise above what Archie was slated to make.

23 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

The only way Dakich knows anything for sure would be if Dakich himself is "the guy"... and we all know that ain't happening...

I don’t think Dakich knows anything. He just thinks this is how it’ll turn up. 

On 3/25/2021 at 7:49 AM, Coach Robby said:

Laugh at me, call me dumb, whatever. I still think it might be Brad. Think about it...there has been NO announcement from IU whatsoever (I know there won't be if he turns it down privately). I know I heard the whole masshole presser. Maybe it's just me dreaming too...but seriously...as I mentioned 322 pages ago, there's only one person who knows what's going on: Scott Dolson. No one else. Everything else is rumors and rants.

The vegas odds things is strange to me. 

Just bringing my post up from yesterday...I still feel this way today.

9 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I’m all for having IU guys part of the program but Dan goes on and on and on about former players being rubbed the wrong way etc. When UK hired Cal do you think the AD was trembling  in fear wondering what former players like Jack Givens or Kyle Macy thought about the hire?  Will UNC call in Sean May and James Worthy to get their advice/approval for Roy’s replacement  hire? 
I appreciate the former players hard work,  what they did for the program and would like them to be fully embraced by the program (and vice versa) but with all due respect I don’t they should be in the hiring process and I don’t think a guy that played before the current kids were born somehow inspires young players  (unless it is a Michael Jordan/Magic Johnson kind of guy). 
Our team “sleep-walked” through more than one game over the last 4 years and  I don’t think that seeing Todd Jadlow at practice, as an example, would have changed that.

To add to what you said, I also get the impression that when guys are talking about needing an "IU guy" that they are disqualifying anyone who happened to play at Indiana after 2003 from that talk as well.

I am with you, I want somebody who "gets it" in that job and I want the players to embrace the program and vice versa.  That being said, you get the distinct impression that "Get an Indiana guy" is just code for "Get a Knight guy".

48 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Moser would be incredibly on-brand for IU, though. If I was a betting man he is who I would bet on. It makes too much sense.

I agree Hoosierfan2017.

Not my first choice (Oats Oats Oats!!) but def on brand.

Doesn't exaclty jive with the NBA-style offense I'm thinking of but they play incredibly smart and execute with a style that doesn't require the top recruits nor does it require cheating ----- hence the "on-brandness"

There is one guy that would be a true rabbit out of the hat that I didn't mention in my list earlier of guys whose teams are still playing .......

Mark ******* Few ------------ lifetime contract