Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, Dizz said:

Dakich seems very happy about what he knows from Dolson.  Sounds like it’s an IU guy.

Not buying a thing. Dolson isn't talking to ANYONE about the search, but somehow, DD managed to get info out of Dolaon? Poppycock.

If Dakich knows anything, it did not come from Dolson.

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not much. Mosier, Cheaney, Woodson are all options, maybe Fife, Lewis, maybe someone still in the tourney. Players should be in the portal. Some people think that IU might pull a rabbit out of our hat in the next 24-48 hours. I think that is everything

Count me in as team rabbit. 

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

Not buying a thing. Dolson isn't talking to ANYONE about the search, but somehow, DD managed to get info out of Dolaon? Poppycock.

If Dakich knows anything, it did not come from Dolson.

He was bashing the NBA repeatedly.  Basically said it's unwatchable and the players are almost all selfish.  I'd bet the farm that Dakich would be willing to do cartwheels butt naked down Kirkwood if we landed Brad. I just don't think he ever thought BS was realistic. 

2 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

He was bashing the NBA repeatedly.  Basically said it's unwatchable and the players are almost all selfish.  I'd bet the farm that Dakich would be willing to do cartwheels butt naked down Kirkwood if we landed Brad. I just don't think he ever thought BS was realistic. 

He said on one show before the Brad masshole day that he was 60% sure he was coming to IU or something like that

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Also heard about another potential coach who Scott was interested in.. I'll have to double check on that. Very unusual place. Be back in a few hours, gotta run some errands! 

That’s harsh...he does a double tease and then leaves to run errands...not nice Treesh lol

Just now, lillurk said:

Sorry to step on your joke! Figured you were kidding BUT if you have some Stevens hope, peegs mentioning the rabbit is good news. 

you are good. I am sure they are hearing "chatter" that it could be a rabbit out of hat situation but I only worry that people are saying that because nobody has any idea what is going on. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is exactly how I feel. There have been literally zero good rumors coming out about our coaching search in the past week. Everything that we've heard has been depressing. Either the rumors are all fake, or we're in bad shape. 

My opinion is Scott made a big error in being so secret.  He should have said that he was going to interview everyone cause you just never know and the search will like go on until after the tourney because he’ll likely want to interview a few of those guys as well.  Then he could go and push for Stevens and if successful nobody would care about anyone else.   When Stevens fell apart he could spend time interviewing the long shots while he waits until the tourney coaches become available.  Nobody would expect anything until after the tourney.  What he has now is a situation where Stevens flamed out and the search look lost in the wilderness.