Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

I may be one of the few pro-Archie Miller fans still around.  But, I am more of a pro-IU fan than that.  It definitely was past time for Archie Miller to be at IU.  He had lost the team and any recruiting to fill holes in the roster were way behind the curve.  

And I strongly disagree with any justification that I have read so far to keep him another year.  What could Dolson do in half a year that he couldn't have done in the last half of a year?  Nothing, in my opinion.

I keep believing that there is a good possibility that something is in the works.  Something besides Brad Stevens.  And not everyone will be happy initially.  Just be patient another 2 or 3 weeks.

The guys putting their names in the transfer portal is not anything we can do about it. The new coach will be able to recruit circles around Archie Miller...i hope.

And I'm an old IU guy that doesn't really support getting Alford.  But if he was hired, I would get on board.  But, there would have to be some clear language in his charges and IU policy about certain situations.

One of the most important things in this era and moving forward is having a guy with NBA pedigree and proven to have success getting guys to the league.

If only we could get someone with ties to guys like DWade, Oladipo, Anthony Edwards, Cody Zeller...

26 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Pocket change for UT.

I learned something interesting living in Texas.  The Texas legislature issued the University of Texas millions of acres of land under land grants in the 1870s.  A lot of the land was in west Texas, a location that no one in their right mind would want to live.  In the early 1900s oil was discovered on this land.  That land now compromises a large swath of the Permian Basin, one of the most productive oil basins in the world.  I believe the current lease rates for University land are around ~$20,000 per acre and 25% of hydrocarbons recovered.  So yeah, they are printing money.

1 minute ago, Dizz said:

Nothing specific at all, just that he's pleased with the job/process Dolson is doing.

If Dakich is being Mr. Nice Guy, he must have some inkling of where this is all headed.  If he was totally clueless, I would expect him to be trashing Dolson.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If Dakich is being Mr. Nice Guy, he must have some inkling of where this is all headed.  If he was totally clueless, I would expect him to be trashing Dolson.

he said that SD is really being thorough and taking a look at everything and everyone.  

In terms of the roster, I will say that I had more fun watching Crean’s first season of no names that this past season.  My hope is that we do retain as many as players as possible but that the trajectory we were on under Miller was not a positive one.  It certainly might mean a couple steps back before we see gains.

42 minutes ago, Moye > Boozer said:

Thanks Vauxhall.

So what is the hate? That he's a jerk? Dirty? Friends with Dakich? Is it the hair?

I've got plenty of friends who feel the way you do. As mentioned, I'm indifferent.

Don't mean to sound naive on this as I've only been hanging around the board for a few days. Just curious??

It's all right here:

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2017/3/18/14966490/steve-alfords-pierre-pierce-iowa-sexual-assault

If I knew anything about coding, I'd create a bot that just auto-replies that link to anyone who so much as dips their toes into Alford talk. Most people with strong opinions on Alford know about this, but it hasn't stuck to him nearly as much as it should (i.e. he's still apparently viewed as employable by other schools). 

Edited by Vauxhall and IU
Formatting clarity

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Rob

Trey

Leal

Hunter

Joey

TJD*

*Our remaining roster. Assuming TJD doesn't return and enters the Draft / overseas. I personally think he's staying. 

Think he’ll enter the draft, but won’t sign with an agent. Doesn’t hurt him to wait til there is a new coach and then decide because he’ll at least still have the fan base on his side. 

1 minute ago, Dizz said:

Dolson being thorough is not the concern here, Dakich being happy is the concern.

Indiana players are being talked to.  I imagine that is what has Dakich happy.  That has not happened the past few times.

My opinion, if we were going to hire any of the Indiana guys that get brought up here, they would already be the coach.  Look how quick Marquette moved on a guy that was in the tournament.  

If Dolson ends up hiring a Mike Woodson, who he could have had on board last weekend, while allowing uncertainty to pile up and players to begin seeking options, he would be about the most incompetent AD in America.  Benefit of the doubt, I don't think he is that dumb.  Our target is either 1 of the 16 guys who cannot talk yet or he is trying to go another route... and there is an obvious name still there for that second option  but I really don't want to go down that wormhole again this weekend.

If we end up with someone not from that final 16 or he whose name cannot be spoken, then I will really question WTF Dolson has been doing the past 2 weeks.  Rumors are he has known he was going to be doing a coaching search this spring, he should have been laying groundwork already with a couple options.

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Rob

Trey

Leal

Hunter

Joey

TJD*

*Our remaining roster. Assuming TJD doesn't return and enters the Draft / overseas. I personally think he's staying. 

If thats it, then like Norman Dale said, my team is on the floor.  I only want players that want to be Hoosiers.