Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

14 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Few people can really understand this, but the only thing that really matters to him is basketball. It’s not money. It’s not fame. It’s just basketball. All he wanted was the basketball.”

Indiana is basketball!!!! 

Very interesting read dated yesterday.  Mrs. Musselman is interviewed and some other tidbits.  What I get out of it is that Musselman has moved around a lot.  Loves basketball and his family. Arkansas Athletic Department may have been in debt recently. They may be getting some big bucks because of cable TV $$ owed. 

https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/eric-musselman-danyelle-musselman-indiana-basketball-coach/

My apologies if already posted.

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

The whole “2.0” label IMO is simply a way to try to use one coach’s traits and stick them on another without doing the work.  Mussel man is a pretty good X and O guy.

Exactly,  Musselman is a great in game coach. He is light years ahead of Crean. Look at Crean at Georgia vs Muss at Arkansas. Muss would have us top 20 every year and chance for a title every few years like a Kansas. IMO

Just now, Dave from Dayton said:

Very interesting read dated yesterday.  Mrs. Musselman is interviewed and some other tidbits.  What I get out of it is that Musselman has moved around a lot.  Loves basketball and his family. Arkansas Athletic Department may have been in debt recently. They may be getting some big bucks because of cable TV $$ owed. 

https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/eric-musselman-danyelle-musselman-indiana-basketball-coach/

My apologies if already posted.

Yeah I posted some of the better quotes in the last page. Arkansas is a baseball / basketball school. First Sweet 16 in 25 years and they are going to let Mussleman walk? Not a chance. AD said himself the Indiana job shouldn't effect money at all. 

Anyone else starting to warm up to Andy Enfield assuming the other top candidates all say no?  Valedictorian of his HS class.  Graduated from John Hopkins.  Spent 5 years as an NBA assistant and shooting coach to the Celtics and Bucks.  Was an assistant under Hamilton at FSU for 5 years. Took FL Gulf Coast to the Sweet 16. USC is still playing and gets better each year.  Runs a high tempo and fun to watch offense that should appeal to recruits.  Is only 51 so he could potentially be here 20 years.

Again, definitely not my top choice but would be light years better than Mike Woodson or Cheaney.  Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Anyone else starting to warm up to Andy Enfield assuming the other top candidates all say no?  Valedictorian of his HS class.  Graduated from John Hopkins.  Spent 5 years as an NBA assistant and shooting coach to the Celtics and Bucks.  Was an assistant under Hamilton at FSU for 5 years. Took FL Gulf Coast to the Sweet 16. USC is still playing and gets better each year.  Runs a high tempo and fun to watch offense that should appeal to recruits.  Is only 51 so he could potentially be here 20 years.

Again, definitely not my top choice but would be light years better than Mike Woodson or Cheaney.  Thoughts?

Yeah, why not

5 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Yeah I’m warming up to the idea.

If we go by Dolson’s presser, there are only so many coaches who fit the “style” he was describing. I think Enfield would fit the description.

29 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Rabjohns says Marquette is in “pole position” for Moser. Whatever that means

It means that it is a very good, historically relevant P5 job that is close to Moser's beloved Chicago home, and most importantly...

It is a Jesuit school. 

Mutual perfect, love at first sight, fit.

Now, if you want to know where I think we're going, who is a love at first sight fit for IU?

12 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

1 Oats

2 Muss

3 Beard

4 Drew

5 Enfield

6 Altman

7 Beilein 

8 We forfeit next season and keep looking 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

It means that it is a very good, historically relevant P5 job that is close to Moser's beloved Chicago home, and most importantly...

It is a Jesuit school. 

Mutual perfect, love at first sight, fit.

Now, if you want to know where I think we're going, who is a love at first sight fit for IU?

A guy whose name rhymes with Tad Evens?

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

A guy whose name rhymes with Tad Evens?

Not just him.

I can think of five to seven, and many of them are excellent candidates. Hint...it's not Eric Musselman or Nate Oats lol.

Where did the 27th announcement date come from? More speculation? If it were to be Brad Stevens can we assume that the 27th coaching announcement wouldn't be happening? Been out of the loop here a bit.

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

Where did the 27th announcement date come from? More speculation? If it were to be Brad Stevens can we assume that the 27th coaching announcement wouldn't be happening? Been out of the loop here a bit.

Just a bunch of bs from people who want attention. 

15 minutes ago, Iubravos said:

Screenshot_20210326-075719_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210326-075649_Chrome.jpg

Hey, this isn't a "Whose fans love their basketball more?" contest.

Indiana is basketball too. So are Duke, UCLA, Arkansas, NC State. Lots of schools that have a rich bball history and prioritize the program. So get that inference of "I don't realize how much IU loves basketball" out of here.

image.jpeg