Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

If IU doesn’t hire a coach today, then we will go until atleast Monday without knowing our next coach.... One would think. I would imagine Dolson won’t hire anyone tomorrow because you would assume he would be at the girls game and he won’t want  to take away from the girls program’s biggest day in school history. 

IU could be waiting on coach with a team still playing--Arkansas or Loyola. If it was going to be one of the former IU players--Fife, Lewis, Cheaney or Woodson--they should have wrapped it up by now.

IU could be waiting on coach with a team still playing--Arkansas or Loyola. If it was going to be one of the former IU players--Fife, Lewis, Cheaney or Woodson--they should have wrapped it up by now.

Lewis is still coaching. But yes otherwise I agree

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

44 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

If IU doesn’t hire a coach today, then we will go until atleast Monday without knowing our next coach.... One would think. I would imagine Dolson won’t hire anyone tomorrow because you would assume he would be at the girls game and he won’t want  to take away from the girls program’s biggest day in school history. 

He won’t hire anyone tomorrow because they are all still playing.  Wait till after Tuesday to see some movement.  

Anyone interested in what Michael Himself has to say, tune in to WBDC on radio.net.  It’s our hometown radio station & he is getting interviewed at 7:30 est.  His dad was my Homeroom teacher for 4 years in HS, & was a HARDCORE PU fan...

11 hours ago, mdiu28 said:

Can we just hire this guy already? 

OMG this is the most cringeworthy speech I have ever seen.  Guy should have been fired before the team hit th floor.

We need to stop considering Mussleman. He's going to get a raise next month, Arkansas is a basketball / baseball school and they have more money than IU could ever dream of.

Plus, he's CTC 2.0. I don't care if he wins. If we wanted a salesman that wins then bring back CTC and throw cheaters around him like we had in 2011-2014. ;0

8 hours ago, Gnet550 said:

So the people who have Peegs membership...that guy still holding on to the 27th?

Seems silly - Knight was hired on the 27th.  Not sure of the time it was announced, but feels more like catfishing than reality.

Edited by IndyFife

We need to stop considering Mussleman. He's going to get a raise next month, Arkansas is a basketball / baseball school and they have more money than IU could ever dream of.

Plus, he's CTC 2.0. I don't care if he wins. If we wanted a salesman that wins then bring back CTC and throw cheaters around him like we had in 2011-2014. ;0

We paid more money with 1 check for Archie to go away than they have paid muss in two years to actually coach. They do not have more more money than IU could ever dream of

Stop it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Each school has its fair share of billionaires.  So, each is more than capable of paying him whatever he wants.  And not “more than IU could ever dream of”.  More of whether we are ok to outbid them and get to that number first.

18 minutes ago, Treesh said:

100% disagree 

2 minutes ago, IndyFife said:

Each school has its fair share of billionaires.  So, each is more than capable of paying him whatever he wants.  And not “more than IU could ever dream of”.  More of whether we are ok to outbid them and get to that number first.

Yeah, this.

In the last year there's easily available data for (2018-2019), Arkansas and IU were very similar in terms of athletic department revenues. Any money they have is based on boosters and alumni throwing money at the basketball program. Pretty sure IU has some of that, too.

“With the success of our team, he for sure has done what he needs to do for me and him to sit down and talk about what a contract looks like for him moving forward,” Arkansas athletic director Hunter Yurachek said in a press conference this week.

“Eric and I talk every single day. I talk to Eric’s agent [Jordan Bazant] at least once a week. We’re all on the same page, and I feel very comfortable with what that page is.”

“He’s egoless,” Danyelle Musselman added. 

“Few people can really understand this, but the only thing that really matters to him is basketball. It’s not money. It’s not fame. It’s just basketball. All he wanted was the basketball.”

In his press conference, Hunter Yurachek said he doesn’t expect Indiana’s opening to create additional leverage when it comes to how much Musselman will be offered in negotiations.

“A lot of times when other jobs open up, what you see in the media are agents planting things to get their coaches some leverage because they maybe haven’t been winning as much as they should have,” Yurachek said.

“As Eric’s agent and I talk, Eric’s got all the leverage he needs with me because we finished second in the SEC and we’re in the Sweet 16.

“Eric doesn’t need the leverage of an opening at Indiana to get the agreement that he needs here at the University of Arkansas. He’s got plenty of leverage by winning basketball games.”

“If your coach is two years in at your program and you get to the Sweet 16 — and you haven’t been there for 25 years — you feel really good about your hire,” Arkansas Athletic Director Hunter Yurachek said. “Things have just fallen into place with Eric as our coach.”

11 hours ago, HoosierBoiler said:

This is where I’m at:

1.Stevens

2. Lewis or Dane

3.monkey riding a dog

leaning towards #3 cause that would be enjoyable at halftime at least.

#3 is definitely one of the visuals Musselman uses with his player.

"Hey...Hey...Bring that mawnkey on a dawg op here. Fellas, we gotta ride  this dawg for 40 minute. Just like this cute mawnkey is riding this dawg. Do you see that."

32 minutes ago, Treesh said:

The whole “2.0” label IMO is simply a way to try to use one coach’s traits and stick them on another without doing the work.  Mussel man is a pretty good X and O guy.