Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, IU Hambone said:

Norlander just published an article basically saying he should take the Marquette job over Indiana.

It's an underrated element of what may be Porter Moser's decision making process.

Moser is a very observant Catholic, and Marquette is a Jesuit school.

It's a really good P5 fit for him.

6 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Porter Moser has now moved to the top of the peegs hot board. 

I am pretty sure that he's nowhere near the top of Dolson's board... tired of jumping on the "flavor of the month" - whatever mid-major coach manages an upset or good run in the tourney goes to the head of the class... and four years later we're right back where we started.

Just get a quality coach with a solid resume that shows results and lock him in.

I thought we all agreed to forego the cheesy tag lines ("Miller Time", "Crean & Crimson", etc). 
Yep oats is out now. We gave tried the guy with a cheesy tag line last 2 times and it don't work

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It's an underrated element of what may be Porter Moser's decision making process.

Hopefully Dolson will issue the hard pass and it won't be Moser's choice to make...

Also ... y'all are fired up about the prospect of Nate Oats. Great coach! However, unless I'm mistaken, his current buyout is over $12 million.
To me, that's a non-starter.

Lol why? Are you the one paying the buyout?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The most concerning thing to me in that article was the fact that multiple "industry sources" think Marquette is a better job now than Indiana. With all the other bad press we've been getting I'm starting to believe that IU really isn't a super desirable job.

The most concerning thing to me in that article was the fact that multiple "industry sources" think Marquette is a better job now than Indiana. With all the other bad press we've been getting I'm starting to believe that IU really isn't a super desirable job.

They all say that because their golden boy Archie Miller failed at IU. They all said he couldn’t fail there and did. So must mean it’s not a good job.

Never mind the fact it will pay way more than Marquette

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Also ... y'all are fired up about the prospect of Nate Oats. Great coach! However, unless I'm mistaken, his current buyout is over $12 million.

To me, that's a non-starter.

To you it is, but not to a billionaire donor (maybe)

Technically, the buyout is Oats' responsibility to pay, not IU's. Now obviously that will be a factor in his financial calculus of whether to take the job. But if he's making ~$3.5 million/year at Alabama, and IU offered $6 million/year, he's still coming out ahead even after paying off the buyout.

Or a booster could step in and cover it.

Either way, the $12 million is a relatively small price to pay if you think you have a coach who can win multiple championships over the next two decades. Personally, I think Oats is that guy.

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Stealing this from another board but I think it is right on the money when it comes to many of these "IU guys" people are throwing out there.

"Woodson is not the only guy that would be roaming a sideline that is (a) personable (b) has coached kids that also played at the next level (d) can relate to kids and have fun (e) can talk to parents and grandparents in a living room (f) understands rivalries.

That’s the vast majority of NCAA coaches. You guys act like Woodson possesses attributes that no other coach has."

It seems like the most common defense of "IU guys" has been qualities they have that the vast majority of head coaches in college basketball already have. 

You know who fails almost all of those criteria?

Archie Miller

So even your worst case scenario is still an upgrade.

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

They all say that because their golden boy Archie Miller failed at IU. They all said he couldn’t fail there and did. So must mean it’s not a good job.

Never mind the fact it will pay way more than Marquette

Not sure about that.  Marquette would be able to spend just as much as IU when it comes to basketball.    They throw money at the basketball program 

Just caught Around the Horn bit on Porter Moser to Indiana.  

3 out of 4 panelists (the other didn't say either way) said he shouldn't leave for IU if offered and Loyola was a better job. 

Plaschke also said IU is no longer a blue blood and no one wants to go there anymore. lol

The barrage from national media continues

3 hours ago, Treesh said:

We will soon see. We'll see if Scott strikes out or hits a home-run. 

We don't want singles, doubles, or triples. 

I want a HR too, but I'd take a triple over a strikeout! 

I strongly suspect IU's future coach's current team is still playing.