Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Probably the most counterproductive thing you can do is email an AD. 

Oh get over it. They post his email address publicly on their website. I can't speak for anyone else but I emailed him in a joking manner which included an offer for him to give me a call to chat through my thoughts on the next coach which I obviously know he will not do. If they aren't expecting emails, don't put email addresses out there. 

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm seeing Porter Moser's name on Peegs pop up. Did everyone not just learn their lesson with the "hot mid-major" guy? If Illinois beats Loyola on Sunday, we aren't talking about Porter Moser. 

But they did beat Illinois. In fact, they buried Illinois...and oh by the way, a #1 seed. And they ran them off the court. If I remember correctly a bunch of posters (not you) liked the way ILL played fast all season.

Loyola was 24-4 or something like that. Only lost 4 all season. We lost 4 in 10 days...some to inferior teams. I don't care who you are, if you're 24-4 in D1 ball, you're worth looking at.

IMO Loyola plays a style of BBall that nost IU fans would enjoy, IF Moser can instill it in this team. He might need to do a roster gut and hit the transfer market to get the right guys for his style. But I sure like their style of play a helluva lot more than what we've seen for the past 4 years, and maybe the last 20 yrs.

This board lit up during the ULC vs ILL game. I know, cause I was on it. Virtually everyone was impressed with their play.

Just now, DWB said:

But they did beat Illinois. In fact, they buried Illinois...and oh by the way, a #1 seed. And they ran them off the court. If I remember correctly a bunch of posters (not you) liked the way ILL played fast all season.

Loyola was 24-4 or something like that. Only lost 4 all season. We lost 4 in 10 days...some to inferior teams. I don't care who you are, if you're 24-4 in D1 ball, you're worth looking at.

IMO Loyola plays a style of BBall that nost IU fans would enjoy, IF Moser can instill it in this team. He might need to do a roster gut and hit the transfer market to get the right guys for his style. But I sure like their style of play a helluva lot more than what we've seen for the past 4 years, and maybe the last 20 yrs.

This board lit up during the ULC vs ILL game. I know, cause I was on it. Virtually everyone was impressed with their play.

He is most likely going to Marquette

59 minutes ago, akumanina said:

I'm guessing Dolson's getting too many of these emails, and it's great too see he's not ignoring fans. I think this is his generic response (i.e. a copy and paste) for all fans wanting to reach out to him about the hiring. 

and done by some low-level admin...but it's something...

1 minute ago, IUCane said:

He is most likely going to Marquette

Doesn't mean we shouldn't "put in an offer". Kind of like buying a house. Multiple offers are good (for the recipient).

You could very well be right. I don't have any inside info to confirm or debate that. But if I was SD, I'd at least reach out to him.

3 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Celtics just traded Theis for Mo Wagner. Nvm; Brad Stevens is back in the mix for IU. 

Salary dump. They get even smaller in their rotation--Wagner hasn't been good enough to get starter minutes on Washington

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

IU guy. 

Again, I don't think he's that plugged in though. 

I’m a frequenter of the Rivals site. You are correct. He’s admittedly not plugged in..like at all. He’s upfront about that and is not even pretending to pretend to really know anything. Which means, anything that guy lists or says or whatever, is simply a regurgitation of face value, publicly known, meaningless factual information.

The extent of factual, for example, is that someone from Indiana met in some capacity at some unknown location for an unknown amount of time, with a Calbert Cheaney; to discuss what, we don’t know.

But since Calbert is one of only a couple guys (and to be honest, it might not even have been that many yet) that so far have been able to have been confirmed to have had a discussion in some sort of capacity — that makes Cheaney, by default, at this juncture, one of the “top candidates” for the job at this time.

In other words, utterly worthless, meaningless information that allows one to extrapolate exactly nothing. So pay no attention to that guy. He practically insists that you don’t.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Student section is going to be baddddd next year if the team stinks. It was bad before the pandemic and our program has only gotten worse since then. The football student section should be good though!

Whoa whoa whoa. As a 25yo who was born and raised in Bloomington, got his degree here, and came back for a victory lap masters program, that is not the case! Any time the Hoosiers play a game against a ranked opponent in the Hall (not on Sundays because that’s a hangover day), that student section sneaks in alcohol and gets rowdy!!! As we learned with Duke, UNC, and MSU this year, blue blood crowds may play a larger part in a programs success than we thought, and I would go as far as saying our student section was an electric factor when we took down not 1, not 2, not 3 - but 6 ranked teams in 2019! It’s probably why Crean took down so many ranked teams (and got way too much credit for) at home as well. I may not know who the next coach will be, but I do know this: IU kids will always love to drink, and IU kids will always give other sports teams hell (especially good teams) whenever they come to town. 

Note: this is a comment about ranked teams at home. “Sister Mary’s State” home games are games that most people struggle to get excited for. And also Sunday games. Any Sunday game in the student section is painful. 

18 minutes ago, DWB said:

It was impressive no doubt. But I’m sure Archie had his moments at Dayton where we all were impressed. I just don’t think a mid major guy is the move now.  But yes Loyola certainly may make the final four again 

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

until 4 years ago he was 194-206 with literally 0 NCAA tournaments in 13 years and no conference championships. His highest finish in conference until 4 years ago was 5th!

Enter Cameron Krutwig and he goes 99-35 in four years. 

Evidently we can throw out mediocre coaching records for some candidates, but it's normally reserved for those who went to IU.

Somehow they'll magically improve when they get back to Bloomington.