Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, goiubb2000 said:

Would Duke hire Christian Laetner?

If they though between him and his future staff he could get the job done? I'm sure they would.

I would hope if this has legs that would be IU's standard.

42 minutes ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

Hate to be that guy but Fournier has been pretty good this year. 20/3/4 with a few 3s a game. Not exactly a blockbuster but it’s a decent sized move

It is.....if that's what they needed. I guess I don't look at the Celtics roster and think "you know what they really need?  Another wing."

6 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Scott Drew is eliminated.

I'm pretty sure Mussleman has some questionable stuff... 

You know the only one who I stated several posts back is “squeaky clean “....

Just now, brumdog45 said:

It is.....if that's what they needed. I guess I don't look at the Celtics roster and think "you know what they really need?  Another wing."

People really wanted Aaron Gordon instead, too bad he is off to the Nuggets

6 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

So you're believing all these guesses?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

At this point, yes. The only rumors we're hearing are bad rumors. Given how little faith I had in the IU administration heading into this thing, rumors that we aren't interested in established, great college coaches (who have interest in us!) but are interested in unqualified IU guys are demoralizing. 

This is a message board so I am just talking about candidates...I still find it hard to believe that Indiana bought Archie out for that price for a lateral move (to be fair, I'll put Moser a notch above Arch). I just don't buy it. IF, again this is just a discussion, IU hires a Moser, a Woodson, or a Cheaney, spare me with the "we want to annually contend in the B1G and the NCAA" that Glass and Dolson have said in the past. If you do, you don't hire these guys. Period. And outside of Moser, these other IU guys would've been hired by now. 

19 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This hire is going to end up being a complete disaster. If we're not even interested in talking to Beard or Drew, we are doomed. We should start preparing ourselves now. 

Wouldn't Beard be a "hot name" too considering he hasn't replicated his success from the national championship run yet?

1 hour ago, PB1230 said:

Agree somewhat that Crean might have been better at talent development than Archie, however, I think that could be that Crean had a better eye for underdeveloped talent and/or took more risks with recruiting

He took way more risks... for every Vic or Will he would drag in 3 or 4 Tijan Jobes, Grant Gelons, Jeremiah Aprils, Peter Jurkins, Bawa Munirus, etc...