Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan22 said:

Aaron Gordon to Denver 

#firebrad

Let's get it trending, fellas! If the internet can raise a terrible stock like a million percent in a couple weeks, we can get Brad fired!

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm seeing Porter Moser's name on Peegs pop up. Did everyone not just learn their lesson with the "hot mid-major" guy? If Illinois beats Loyola on Sunday, we aren't talking about Porter Moser. If Calbert Cheaney, Mike Woodson, Dane Fife, and Michael Lewis aren't IU grads, we aren't talking about them. That's the problem with these 5 names...it's an emotional hire. 

This hire is going to end up being a complete disaster. If we're not even interested in talking to Beard or Drew, we are doomed. We should start preparing ourselves now. 

2 minutes ago, GreatMcCracken’sGhost said:

And recruiting connections.

Absolutely... Current things to ponder here....

1. Dolson's smart, decisive and a go getter.

2. He has the full support and monetary backing of “Big Money” donors. (Glass didn’t)

3. He has full support and backing of former IU greats from Knight’s 70’s teams to present.

4. Whoever the new coach is....Mark My Word......

This new administration as well as the supportive, IU alumni greats, won’t allow any repeats similar to the Sampson, Crean or Miller eras....

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This hire is going to end up being a complete disaster. If we're not even interested in talking to Beard or Drew, we are doomed. We should start preparing ourselves now. 

I'll give them a chance but let's call this what it would be-an emotional hire based off one factor. My cousin played for UE in the mid 2000s. They were awful. The one school they consistently beat was Porter Moser's Illinois State team. It's possible Moser got two really good players in Custer and Krutwig at Loyola. I could see a DePaul or Marquette hiring him due to Chicago connections. Not Indiana. Insert the Michal Jordan "stop it" GIF. 

9 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Funny how everyone saying Woodson is not relevant to today's players as a current NBA asst and recent former HC of 25 yrs, think CC would, as a 50 year old as of this summer, 2 yr NBA G league asst, never HC and a cadre of older players that would be just as active for Woodson is somehow a better option.

Woodson would be a head coach. Calbert, in my  opinion, would not. So my posts aren’t the ones to use as an example.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Goodman said today in a video that IU wasn’t interested in Beard because of “skeletons in his closet” fwiw. Yes I know it’s Goodman but he could be on to something.

It is Goodman so take it for what it's worth but is there any coach, or human out there, that doesn't have skeletons in their closet? 

6 minutes ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

Also where is the idea coming from that CC would run a modern offense? We have no idea. He’s never even been in charge of implementing a system. We have no idea what he would actually run and what it would look like. 

I'm not advocating a CC hire, but I do believe he would run an NBA-style offense because Dolson has essentially made that a prerequisite for the job (going by his presser).

And if Nonymouse's sources are correct and Matta said thanks but no thanks, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that's the reason why.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Apparently that skeleton in his closet is college coaching success and we're not interested in anyone who has that in their past. 

Scott Drew is eliminated.

I'm pretty sure Mussleman has some questionable stuff... 

17 minutes ago, HankTheDeuce said:

Peegs mentioned it in the chat. Said it could still happen but the indications they have thus far are that Beard has at least some interest and that they don't believe IU is interested due to lack of fit. It's always possible conversations are happening, but Peegs said they do not believe IU has even contacted Beard. 

I wonder if the Stevens Rumors got so out of hand that they are really keeping things under wraps and its just a misdirection. Honestly almost everyone's coaching list has Stevens 1 then Beard 2.... so if we haven't even reached out... Does that mean Stevens is still in play? 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Apparently that skeleton in his closet is college coaching success and we're not interested in anyone who has that in their past. 

I’m glad you know what it is 

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Support from former players isn’t going to win us games. What’s his recruiting pitch going to be? “I played at IU so you should too”? I know I’m being repetitive, but he should not be a serious candidate. His qualification is his IU degree, and that’s not going to win him games as a coach either.

I’m just trying to find ways to justify IF this were to come true...