Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Danny Ainge made a big time trade to help Stevens and the boys. 

Who did the Celtics get you ask? Checks notes - Evan Fornier 

What did they give up? Checks notes again - 2 second round picks 

Ainge is really going all in this year boys!

He was averaging 19 ppg on a bad team.

Fournier is actually pretty good. He had a heavy load in Orlando but being the 4th option will be good for him. Celtics still need big men. 

Just now, Artie86 said:

If Calbert, what about Lewis, Guyton as assistants? Would that sweeten the pot?

He really needs 1-2 experienced recruiters. Not sure guyton has that experience needed but maybe. 

Hell yes to Michael Lewis. 

4 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Geez.....I was just relaying info that was put out there lol

Apologies - wasn't attacking your information at all. Appreciate the info.

It's just crazy how many "insiders" are coming out all of a sudden. 

Just now, IUBBx5Banners said:

Hate to be that guy but Fournier has been pretty good this year. 20/3/4 with a few 3s a game. Not exactly a blockbuster but it’s a decent sized move

Yes but somebody has to shoot the ball on a bad team. This happens with guys in the NBA all the time. They put up good numbers on a bad team then go to a good team and aren’t nearly as productive. Then again the Celtics might just be another bad team.

14 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

a guy by the SN of Hoosiersportslive on the peegs chat claims to have spoken with an assistant or former assisntant6 of Beard's. Claims he wants the job but IU is not interested. 

LOL more of the same.  Somebody created a username on Rivals called "Filth" and started a similar thread about Alford and he got four pages of responses.  Unreal.

10 minutes ago, HankTheDeuce said:

That's been a consistent theme on Peegs. I believe Peegs himself has indicated there was interest from Beard's side but appeared to be no interest from IU due to Beard "not being the right fit" - whatever that means. 

Is Dolson trying to kill the basketball program? Cmon man, it’s already dead. Either try to revive it or let someone else do it.

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Well that's funny because I live in Bloomington and my friend told me they saw Billy Donvan and his wife looking for houses near the southside! 

Can't be true, everyone wants to live on the East side, not the south. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I seriously think that Howard succeeding at Michigan this year was the absolute worst thing that could’ve happened to our coaching search. Now, so many fans think “it worked for Michigan so it’ll work for us too! IU guy IU guy IU guy!” 

Sure, Howard is a ‘Michigan guy.’ He was also one of the most well-regarded assistants in the NBA. He would’ve been hired as an NBA head coach by now if Michigan hadn’t hired him. He also has one of the best staffs in all of college basketball. Additionally, he took over a program that had went to the sweet 16, the national championship game, and the sweet 16 the three previous years. It’s a lot easy to step in and keep the ship running than it is to rebuild it completely. 

Calbert Cheaney would be the ultimate “we hired him because he went to IU” hire. I’m not taking a shot at him. I’ve never met him but it sounds like he’s a great guy who really loves IU. But, those qualities don’t make you qualified to be the IU men’s basketball head coach.  In no way should he be a serious candidate.

I think Calbert could succeed. He was big when Zeller was here. Seemed to leave quite a hole when he left as well. 

25 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

What level do you coach at? I ran track/XC and helped with some coaching and so did my wife. 

This thread is entertaining. I don’t know that I’ve fully dismissed anything or completely believe anything. 

The majority of us seem to like Beard, Muss, and Oats with Drew causing some disagreement. I’ll pull for any coach, but I’d really hope at least the first 3 are talked to. 

middle school- "So this is proper form for a sprinter" 101  :)

5 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Yes but somebody has to shoot the ball on a bad team. This happens with guys in the NBA all the time. They put up good numbers on a bad team then go to a good team and aren’t nearly as productive. Then again the Celtics might just be another bad team.

Fournier has been good when the Magic made the playoffs as well. But when Fournier is your 2md best player, 7/8 seed is your max. But having Tatum, Brown, Kemba and Fournier is pretty good. It answers their problems for scoring after the top 3. 

Calbert could not get the Evansville job. He is in no way qualified for this job just as Mike Davis was in no way qualified for this job. If Calbert is hired then we are a lost cause of a basketball program. There is no way that he should be hired. Now if he was to be hired as an assistant coach and groomed for several years under someone, then fine but he is not qualified to be our coach. Lewis is more qualified and he should not be considered either. I hope and pray that this is all a diversion for Scott to keep pressure off the real coaching candidates. I really hope because a hire like this may be the final nail in the coffin for our program.