Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Nope, but he wouldn't tell me if he did until after everything was done. He either played down his interview to me or the media is hyping it up. If he is the coach, I would be very pleased since he is semi-family

We would expect to be "in the huddle" if this happens.

5 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

a guy by the SN of Hoosiersportslive on the peegs chat claims to have spoken with an assistant or former assisntant6 of Beard's. Claims he wants the job but IU is not interested. 

That's been a consistent theme on Peegs. I believe Peegs himself has indicated there was interest from Beard's side but appeared to be no interest from IU due to Beard "not being the right fit" - whatever that means. 

a guy by the SN of Hoosiersportslive on the peegs chat claims to have spoken with an assistant or former assisntant6 of Beard's. Claims he wants the job but IU is not interested. 

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

I have a friend who knows the Beard family....he said the opposite. 

See how easy it is to spew nonsense on the internet? I'm convinced no one knows a damn thing

Danny Ainge made a big time trade to help Stevens and the boys. 

Who did the Celtics get you ask? Checks notes - Evan Fornier 

What did they give up? Checks notes again - 2 second round picks 

Ainge is really going all in this year boys!

He was averaging 19 ppg on a bad team.

Just now, ap2345 said:

I don’t know what I expected based on “watch the deadline” but this wasn’t it. 

Friends this is not good if true and I'm not saying it is. But if Beard and Drew both have interest and Dolson is not at least entertaining them AND Matta withdrew his interest presumably AFTER talking with Dolson ......... yikes

Nothing against CC. Maybe he'd be a great coach. I'm personally looking for a more proven commodity at this point though understand risk is there with any candidate. 

Of course, if it's just to eventually land Oats or Muss I'm all in

4 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

I have a friend who knows the Beard family....he said the opposite. 

See how easy it is to spew nonsense on the internet? I'm convinced no one knows a damn thing

I am an actual family member of someone with a beard and she denies any knowledge of communication between him and SD. Plus she is married to a huge muscleman and he knows about as much about basketball as my lab retriever. So the internet is a huge crapshoot.

Edited by iu eyedoc

26 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Nope, but he wouldn't tell me if he did until after everything was done. He either played down his interview to me or the media is hyping it up. If he is the coach, I would be very pleased since he is semi-family

Calbert! Calbert! Calbert!

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Geez.....I was just relaying info that was put out there lol

Yeah, if it's not what people want to hear then you will get demolished.  You're better off just reading it all for entertainment value.

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Old Fart? How old are you? I'm pretty sure I'm older than you at 55. If you are old, I'm ancient. emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He's "Class of '66"... not sure if college or HS... but I'm 68 and graduated HS in '71 and college in '76... so even if it's HS in '66, he's gotta be mid 70s... Man, he really is an Old Fart. :D

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Thanks for clearing it up for me. Hope you have a great day. I enjoy your stuff

Just another guy spreading rumors so someone thinks he is important or connected. 

If they actually get down to offering Matta...we are in trouble.

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Hate to be that guy but Fournier has been pretty good this year. 20/3/4 with a few 3s a game. Not exactly a blockbuster but it’s a decent sized move